eight

1979

(31 October)

(31 October)

Dear James,

I'm terribly sorry that Lily is feeling under the weather and unable to make it to our flat tonight. Mary and I were very excited to see your couples costume! I suppose being Danny from Grease without a Sandy isn't all that awkward. I'm so glad you enjoyed that movie, by the way. It was nice of you to pretend you'd never seen it when Lily wanted to watch it when we all went over your place last month. Although I'm worried that our friendship might impact your relationship with her. Never mind. We can talk later. See you soon.

Millie

Millie darling,

Don't worry about our friendship. Lily is fine with how close we are and she knows I love her. Sometimes I think certain things will hurt her feelings so I avoid telling her to spare her. I acknowledge this is something I need to work on. I'm really excited for your Halloween party though even if Lily won't be able to come. I fought her over it but she insisted I go out without her. I'll see you in a bit.

James

(4 November)

James,

You left your scarf at mine. Would you like me to owl it over or can you come get it?

Millie

Millie,

I'll come get it. Thanks. I'll head over before dinner.

James

(17 November)

Dear James,

I shouldn't have kissed you. I don't know what the hell got into me.

Millie

Dear Millie,

It's fine, really. I wanted to tell you something I should have told you last night. No one else knows yet so don't say anything until we say it tomorrow at the meeting. Lily is pregnant. We just found out about last week. We're really excited although I'll admit the timing isn't really ideal. Life is full of surprises though. We can talk about it more tomorrow.

James

(1 December)

James,

Marlene didn't come back from her mission. She was meant to meet us after she finished relocating her family but she hasn't. I know you're meant to be with him so tell Mad-Eye.

Millie

Millie,

Come to Mad-Eye's. Bring Mary. Now.

James