The Brick Gulch Chronicles

In Space

V.I.C.: Yo, you ever hear that multiverse theory? Way, crazy, amigo. A bunch of eggheads think there's an unlimited number of parallel universes. Like, there could be one where no one has heard of Red vs. Blue. It could be like Green vs. Beige, or there could be a universe where we're all fish. I don't know why I said fish as an example; maybe there's a universe out there where I made a better analogy. Let's all swim to that one. Dude, there could even be a universe where we don't even exist, or we're just part of someone's dream. Maybe we're in that universe right now. Maybe this is all part of some kid's imagination. That... Would be weird.

Cut to Simmons, Thea and Grif standing on top of Red Base. Grif looks at Simmons and Thea.

Grif: You ever wonder why we're here?

Thea: Every day.

Simmons looks at them.

Simmons: I actually have a theory about that. You see, it's all about connections, I'm connected to the ground, the ground's connected to you, you're connected to Blue base. It's like we're all one thing.

Grif: I can't decide if that's just deep or literal.

Simmons: Both?

Grif: What I'm saying is why are here instead of getting lunch? Sarge was supposed to take over like five minutes ago.

Simmons: Huh. That's a good point.

Thea: It really is.

Cut to inside of Red Base where Sarge is standing in front of Lopez with a party hat on as Grif, Thea and Simmons enter.

Sarge: Don't worry, Lopez, Grif, Thea and Simmons would never forget my birthday. (laughs) Yup. Any minute now, I'm sure they'll walk in here and give me the grrrrreeatest gift of all, their respect, and maybe a gift card, or a shotgun, or a gift card for a brand new shotgun, that shoots respect.

Cut to Simmons, Thea and Grif moving to the other side of the wall.

Simmons: Oh, no. We forgot Sarge's birthday.

Grif: Yeah. Better luck next year.

Thea: Yep.

Simmons: This is a big deal, Grif, it's too late for the traditional breakfast in bed!

Grif: What? Nobody does that.

Thea: Yeah they do.

Simmons: We have to make up for it. We need to get him a really special gift.

Grif: (whining cry) That sounds like work. What if we just grab something from around the base?

Simmons: Like what?! All we have here are grey blocks, black blocks, and grey-black blocks. We need to get him something special. Oh, I know.

Thea: Oh dear.

Cut to Caboose standing on top of Blue base looking at Grif, Thea and Simmons.

Caboose: Halt! Who goes there?

Simmons: Listen, Caboose we are not here to mess around.

Grif: Yeah, only one of us is here to mess around.

Thea: Yeah.

Caboose: Which one of us is here to mess around? Is it me?

They look at him confused when Grif tilts his head to the side.

Grif: Sure?

Caboose: Neat.

Simmons: Listen, Caboose, we want something from your base, and I don't care what it is, as long as it's valuable and important.