Chapter Eight: Media Training

I just couldn't help myself. I thought it would be fun to imagine what this part would be like if Deku and Uraraka were dating at this point! lol

In the back of the minds of every UA student, they knew they would have to go through classes sooner or later to help them navigate through talking to reporters on the scene. Not only do they constantly look for the latest scoop to give to their audiences, but most also without hesitation ask questions in a way that can be very provocative and make the question's recipient become nervous or hostile, which only makes said recipient putty in their hands.

However, the top heroes in the industry made it to their position in part because of how they handle themselves on camera. All Might mastered this facet early in his career in part because of his natural charisma, but he is an exception to the rule. Deku knew this all too well as both being his biggest fan and knowing himself. Therefore he both feared and looked forward to this class coming on an off day from his internship.

Aizawa gets up off the floor briefly from his sleeping bag and begins. "Lately you guys have been getting quite a bit of media exposure, so I've invited a guest to assist you with that."

The class in unison looks towards the door and sees them walk in. Izuku is the first to acknowledge her presence. "Mt. Lady!? Mignight?!"

Mineta instantly looks fearful and jumps up on Midoriya's desk. "WHA! WHY ARE YOU TWO HERE!?" The two of them ignore him and get to the point.

"Today we'll be doing media training! The Oh so gorgeous me will teach you how to behave as a hero should!" said Mt Lady. Mineta then interjected and started pointing at her.

"Look I'm the last guy who should be saying this, but isn't she way too full of herself to be teaching us on how to act on camera?!"

"SILENCE!!" she shouts and smacks his hand in the process. "Every seasoned veteran in the hero industry has their own style to media interaction and our objective today will be to help you develop and cultivate that talent. Now everyone! Let's get with the program and go beyond! Plus Ultra!!"

Deku and Uraraka look at one another and have practically opposite reactions. Ochako looks excited and can't wait to get in front of the microphone.

Midoriya, however, already looks more nervous and stone-faced than a man that looked at Medusa! She couldn't help but laugh at this, as she knew that no matter what happened, it would be fun for her both to talk, and also to observe her boyfriend in action, even if it embarrassed him!

______

The class 1A students begin to line up in front of a stage and wait for their turn while simultaneously watch each of their classmates in action. Todoroki was the first in line to attempt speaking and was thrust into it without warning as to a scenario to act under or what kind of questions he would get. Still, he did alright...mostly.

"That was an incredible display of power, Shoto-san!" said Mt. Lady in reporter mode. 

"What do you mean?" asked Todoroki matter of factly. 

She sighs. "Please, act like you just did something incredible here!"

"Okay."

"What kind of hero do you aim to become?" "Someone whose presence puts others at ease." Responded Todoroki.