𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 6

{𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 | 𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯 }

————

Rosalie's pov ~

Throughout the night, the fever slowly passed. When I eventually fell asleep, my body was completely and utterly unconscious. The thing that awoke me was the light tapping from the window, where the rain trickled down the thick glass. The entire room felt fresh, and sharp due to the window being ever so slightly open.

I turned myself away from the window, and towards where I last saw Elijah, only to see the space empty. I sat myself up and tossed the duvet off my body, pushing myself off the bed. An appreciative smile appeared across my face at the sight of the medium-sized box that sat on the chair with a small note on top.

I excused myself this morning to find a small boutique I think you'd like, and picked out an outfit. You and Rebekah never exactly had the same taste, so I gathered you weren't exactly too fond of having to wear her clothes.

Elijah x

Lifting the lid, revealed a plain black sweetheart neckline dress with slightly puffed sleeves. Underneath the chair sat a pair of black heels. Gathering all the items, I made my way towards the attached bathroom and got ready for the day.

It wasn't long until I was making my way towards the lounge were I heard instrumental music playing. "So, this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family? Vampire book club?" I heard Rebekah complain.

"Reading edifies the mind, sister. Isn't that right, Elijah?" Klaus quizzed his brother.

"Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus."

"And what's this business?" I gestured towards the dead girl laying on the table, as I waltzed into the room, making everyone look towards me. "This is a..." Elijah motions towards the girl while searching for the words. "peace offering." he settles on.

"I presumed, after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my big brother might be a bit peckish." klaus bitterly spoke, never once moving his eyesight from me.

"Oh, I'm so glad you thought of me," I mumbled under my breath, sarcasm lacing my voice. Elijah smirked once he realised what I'd said. "And I explained to my little brother, that forgiveness cannot be bought. I'd simply prefer to see a change in behaviour that indicates contrition and personal growth. Not this nonsense."

Feeling Niklaus eyes burning into me, I let out a short sigh before deciding to speak up. "We need to talk," I demanded. "Yes, I think we do." he slammed his book shut, stood up and made his way out the room. Not before nudging my shoulder on his way out.