𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 19

{𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 | 𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯}

————

Rosalie's pov ~

Within the last few hours, it was discovered that Celeste Dubois's bones no longer carried the magic to carry out the harvest, leading to the decision from the Mikaelson siblings to bury their late mother in need of her powers to flow into the earth. Davina was soon found by Rebekah with Marcel by her side at a location near the docks. We all prayed that Rebekah's convincing had worked, that the two would soon join us to complete the harvest.

"You promise me that this will work?" I referred to what Sophie had told me earlier, trying to keep myself as dry as possible with the help of the umbrella above me. "There's no reason for it not to work." She replied, glancing down at her niece who lay on the risen concrete foundation with a slit throat.

"You once said you weren't a believer? What if you were right?" Paranoia filled my brain as we got closer to the completion of the ritual. "I don't know, Rosalie." Sophie sighed, walking away from me.

I clamped my jaw shut, stepping down from the raised platform, joining my family who stood nearby. Side by side with Elijah, he wrapped his arm over my shoulder as I began to shudder due to several reasons.

Death and rain surrounded me – the two things that started this all.

We all huddled under umbrellas, the rain seeping into the cracks on the concrete floor of the cemetery. While dressed in black, all previous smiles throughout the day were left behind, none of us wanted this.

"Fire," Sophie mumbled as flames erupted from the ground, causing us all to frantically look over to where the bright light ascended from. Marcel walked around the corner, An ill Davina in his arms.

I shrugged Elijah's arm off my shoulder, planning on rushing forward to Davina until another person's hand softly placed itself on my shoulder stopping me. I quickly turned my head to see it was Rebekah. "Let her do this." She whispered. I took a deep breath, taking a step back. She was right, she needed to do this herself.

Sophie raised a blade above a pit of fire, walking up to Davina leaving no time to waste. "Do you believe in the harvest?"

Davina paused for a few seconds, trying to hide the fear in her eyes as she looked into Sophie's eyes. "I believe." she spoke clearly.

I squeezed my eyes shut as the sound of the knife slitting her throat was heard. I opened my eyes back up to Marcel holding her in his arms, her arm having a slight glow to it as her magic flowed back into the earth. I upped my gaze to see her neck, a huge slit with blood pouring out of it being seen. The rain slowly disappeared as I could feel Elijah Burning eyes into me, focusing on how I was reacting. He knew this was hurting me.

Davina was placed beside the other tree girls, the reaping part of the harvest beginning. "After the harvest comes the reaping. Their sacrifices made and accepted. We call upon our elders to resurrect the chosen ones." we all waited anxiously for a few seconds, hoping for something to change.

The witch furrowed her eyebrows, speaking clearer. "We call upon our elders to resurrect the chosen ones..."

"Resurrect your chosen ones..." she spoke firmer. "Please? I beg..." she looked down at her niece when nothing changed, each of them still dead.

I held back a sob as realisation set in. Davina was dead, and I was the one who led her too it. I couldn't dare show that I was hurt Infront of everyone when in reality she's the only one truly hurt, laying on a concrete ground dead.

As Sophie broke down, and Marcel sped away with klaus following after him, I rushed around the corner of a tomb, the tears I tried to hold back spilling out from my eyes. I hadn't cried like this since before we became vampires. I was practically hyperventilating.

"Rosalie-" Elijah cut himself off as he saw the state I was in, rushing up to my side, pulling me into his embrace. "I killed her," I told him throughout my cries. "This is all my fault." I sobbed.

"Whatever do you mean, none of this is your fault, my love." he took a slight step back to grab ahold of my face, looking onto my eyes as he spoke. "The witches promised us that this would work. I can assure you we will get them back for this, and find a way to bring Davina back-"

"This isn't the witches fault, they equally believed this would work. The look on Sophies face when she realised that her niece will never come back. We should have found another way – a way for them all to come back." I broke down, holding onto the crypt wall for support.

"Come on, let's get you home." he tried to divert me away, but I refused to move. "No we can't just leave Davina here!" I cried out.

"Sophie has promised to take care of her corpse for now," he shared, "good care at that."

I took a few seconds to process it all, but it simply wasn't enough. "I-i need some time – alone." I gulped, looking back up to Elijah.

I shrugged past him to walk away quickly, but just as quickly I feel him grab ahold of my wrist, spinning me around to face him. I let out a small gasp at the surprise of the action.

We both stared at each other, both our faces mimicking each other. "Rosalie, there's -" he took a deep breath, looking down to the ground before meeting my eyes once again. "There's still a place in my heart where I love you." he admitted.

I was taken back by his words, them being the last thing I expected from him. I was simply lost for words, and I gathered he picked up on that as he began to panic. "If you don't feel the same way I understand-"

"I just need time." I whispered, "just a little more."

His gaze fell back to the ground as I removed his hand from my own, carrying my way out of the cemetery with a million emotions flooding through my brain.

————

Hiyaaaaaa

I skipped a lot a part of the episode bc I was scared people would get bored and stop reading. 😭

Anyway, opinions on what Elijah said? Is it too much too early? Please tell me. 💕