Chapter 16 - Back at School

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 16 — Back at School

"Ms L/n what are you doing here?"

════════════════════════════════

"Geez Harry. Sure, you somewhat understand the riddle, clue, song, whatever it is, but you can't exactly do anything unless you can breathe underwater."

"Like I didn't know that before Y/n... Sorry, just stressed. Anyways, do you have any ideas at least?"

Y/n sighed, thinking of all the things she saw in the batcave that her father and brother used to breathe underwater. But then again that probability of getting the equipment overseas safely was very low.

"I don't know. Perhaps a spell, charm, potion- I swear someone told me about something that lets you breathe underwater, I just can't remember who."

Harry groaned, another dead end yet again. Y/n smiled sympathetically, "Well, as soon as I remember I'll be sure to tell you. That is, if I do remember." Harry tried his best to return the smile, "Thanks Y/n."

Going back to school was relatively normal for Y/n. Sure, it was a bit boring since most of her friends were either in the years above or below her but at least she shared a free period with her little brother figure Shroud.

Shroud was relatively playful and mischievous, much like the Weasley twins, but at times he needed hugs and comfort and love. Y/n was amazed with his expertise in spiders, especially when he interacted with him.

It was as if they understood each other. Perhaps they did, Y/n thought, as she held a spider in her hands, which then crawled over to Shroud as they put their hands together. Shroud also talked about his family from time to time. His father adopted him, gave him a name and a home.

He had a grandad, lots of uncles, and a friend/cousin named Michael.

Along with school, hanging out with friends, and working with magical creatures with Hagrid, Y/n's thoughts were back at home, at her recent discovery that her family were vigilantes. She had a feeling something was different about them, but didn't bother finding out about it because of all the recent changes she was dealing with at the time.

But now that she knew, she wanted to help somewhat. Though she didn't know how without revealing herself to her siblings, she didn't want to tell them about her just yet. Having Bruce to confide in for now was enough.

Opening up some books she took out at the library, she researched on medical magic, spells, charms, potions. She had a new mission now. She's already lost one family, she wasn't going to lose another one again.