Chapter 22 - Back in Time (Part 2)

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 22 — Back in Time (Part 2)

"You did a good job."

Notes: This is a really long one. You have been warned.

════════════════════════════════

Newt and Y/n had explored some of the many abandoned underground railroads, searching for the Chimaera and Nundu. The two had been fighting each other, a turf war, which caused quite a few abandoned railroads to collapse already. They needed to transfer them to a much safer environment before muggles got hurt, the abandoned railroads were so near the ones that were in use, and they couldn't risk anyone innocent getting hurt.

It had been a few months so far, and Newt had taken Y/n in as his own student. He taught her everything that he learned so far about magical creatures and felt refreshed that he was actually talking about creatures to someone who was willing to learn and understand them.

Y/n was delighted to have learned and met the creatures inside Newt's suitcase (though she found it hilarious that Newt referred to himself as their mother, she had, from time to time, had called him 'Mother Newt'). She had also figured out that he was the author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, one of her favourite books.

Newt also had some interesting stories that he had about his adventures that he shared with Y/n. They often talked about them during dinner, which Y/n insisted on making every night saying that she wanted to at least make dinner in return for Newt taking care of her and teaching her about magical creatures. She used the skills she learnt from her Lola to use.

But other than just teaching her about magical creatures, Newt knew that Y/n had to at least learn something that she was supposed to during her regular Year 2 school year. She was being taken away from her classes, and although she was technically not going to miss anything, Newt decided to teach her stuff (some advanced spells and charms included) to make it a bit easier for Y/n when she returned.

The two creature lovers were persistent in their hunt for the two magical creatures, but they hadn't even gotten close. Any and all hints of their existence seemed to be erased which made their job harder. They were forced to go into their last tactic. Wait for something to happen and strike then.

Therefore, Newt had to teach Y/n for defense and more creature lessons which Y/n enjoyed. Y/n felt like she finally had a father for once, seeing as her own was in the hospital and her Lolo was her Lolo, her grandpa. But she knew she couldn't refer to him as dad, technically, he was years older and was probably around her Lolo's age, she wasn't sure. For now, she just cherished the time that she had with her temporary father figure.