Chapter 9: In the woods.

Jace Carson

Jace Carson

Life. A journey of success and failures. Where everyone is supposed to choose their own paths that lead them to their destination. But what if, your entire life had already been formulated by someone? And all you had to do is execute it. Without having to go through the different wonders of life, the experiences that it offers. Like living in a box so small that it's almost suffocating. A box where ideas and dreams are burned into ashes. That leaves you nothing but void. Taking away the only thing that any one is born with,
freedom.

I wish I could scream but then I'm reminded I cannot as I was the one who chose this. Even though my father would've sooner or later done that. Being born in the family of army rankers, had altered my life from my birth itself. Somehow I just wish I had a choice. A choice to live my life my way. Choice to make life changing decisions. But my father had already taken away the right from me. He wanted me to be a part of the army and follow the legacy. I never had any say in the matters of my life.

Like the darkness in my life was an infinite dark sky and the only source of light were the stars, that somehow added meaning to my existence. I watch the stars intently, while being admist the carpet of green grass, calming sounds of water from the nearby stream soothing me.

I hear the crunching sound of leaves nearing me, I feel a presence coming closer. Already knowing who it is, I lean my head back on her shoulder, still gazing the alluring dark sky.

Alexis and I have been dating for 2 weeks now. Our first date ended up just as I had hoped for. I enjoyed every bit of her whining after our little basketball when I dropped her off her place. Thankfully I didn't had to use my winning card to get her to a second date with me. But since I won the match, I had her come with me for camping in the woods.

A day before we started off by, choosing a spot near the river, setting up tent and a small place for fire. I could tell she loved it, from the way she was excited with simple tasks like searching for dry leaves, fishing in the stream. I couldn't be more happier to bring her here.

"How long are you gonna keep staring at the sky?" she asks silently.

"Long enough to irritate you" I smirk.

"You can stare my ass for all I care" she looks away annoyed. I shift my head, now my heated gaze focusing on her cute little ass. She smacks my head. "Shoo, away you pervert!" she pushes me away chuckling. "Let's do something fun " she adds.

"How about a swim?" I get up taking my clothes off. I throw them in our tent leaving me only in my boxers. Her eyes travells to my body, her cheeks growing pink yet with a bold stance she gets up, stripping her clothes off.

I so wanted to do the honors.

Now she stands before me in her purple bra and matching panties. I take her hand in mine as we both ran to the water. With her hand still in mine I give it a reassuring squeeze. I turn my face to her as we stood a foot near the stream. Alexis gives me smile, her pitch black eyes twinkling as the moonlight reflects like water waves in her eyes. We dive in.