Before I Even Start.

"I cannot say, 'You can become a hero without a quirk.'"

A sixteen year old izuku midoriya, on his first month of high school, stood frozen on the top of a rooftop, not taking in any new sounds or feeling. He didn't notice All Might leaving the rooftop or the slowly chilling wind against his hair. Unconsciously he walked towards the rail on the edge of the building without realising it. Just to look at those who moved around below him.

"They must have simple easy lives." Midoriya breathed out wistfully.

Eventually the green headed boy realised he was shivering atop a cold, dark rooftop in an unfamiliar neighbourhood. Slowly he started his trek home, having to ask strangers directions to his neighbourhood because All Might made him jump so far away.

After a few hours of confusion and growing familiarity Midoriya finally settles his eyes on his apartment building.

As Midoriya made his way up the stairs he started to think of new career paths he could follow. He was still young and he knew he had alot of options but his only true passion was for heroics.

"Ha! I might as well make dresses, or I could make costumes. Maybe I could make costumes for heroes."

Sighing Midoriya realised that his life would always revolve around heroes. No matter the topic. It always come back to them.

After an hour of his mother fretting over him he crafted an obviously false tale that he had wandered around exploring and gotten lost.

Getting lost didn't create the kind of heartbreak on his face. Inko knew it and tried to coax the younger boy into telling but was met with heavy silence each time.

Sitting opposite eachother on the dining table inko realised izuku would probably like life without so much interaction in a day. She also knew he would be less likely to encounter hero fights.

"Izuku dear?"
"Yeah?"
"Since you keep getting top marks in your class and you said you don't like the teachers and the other kids at the school. I was thinking you could do online school."

Izukus head snapped up to his mother.

"You don't have to if you don't want to! It's just... you looked much happier when you could do what you wanted on the holidays. I think you could have a life like that, or at least as close as you can get, with online school."

For a minute izukus face lit up like the sun, momentarily forgetting about the words All Might said to him.

"yes! I would really like that."

Later in life izuku would say that the day All Might was wrong and the day his mother gave him the push he needed, was the best and worst day in his life

AN:
This is just a taster chapter. So please tell me if you have any ideas or criticisms for this fic. This is also a hp/bnha crossover fic, but will only have small mentions of Harry potter and entirely focus on the life of izuku.