𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗼 𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘀 >

𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗼 𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘀 >

LANDO
you free rn?

QUEENIE
conveniently, yes
QUEENIE
i'm on my lunch break
until 2pm so u have 35
minutes left to waste my
time with whatever it
is u need me for :)

LANDO
perfect

𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗼 𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘀    is trying to facetime you.

CONNECT                END

"Hey." Queenie exhales as soon as the FaceTime connects and Lando's face appears on her phone screen.

Lando send her an easy-going grin as he pulls his backpack's straps over his shoulders. "Hi, Queenie."

He grabs a few things from his car, the motion being shaken and blurry on Queenie's screen as he struggles to balance a box in one hand and his phone in the other. Queenie squints as she tries to work out what she's seeing.

"What'cha doing?" She asks with a slight chuckle.

Lando raises his phone slightly so that Queenie can see his car in the background as he locks it and pockets his keys. "I'm on my way into the MTC."

"You're working?" Queenie questions, her tone is surprised but not at the fact that Lando works outside of race weekends but instead at the thought of why Lando had decided to FaceTime her on his way into work. To be honest, she's confused why he's even FaceTiming her at all in general.

Lando squints at his phone screen playfully. "Should I be taking offence to the amount of shock I just heard in your voice when you said that?"

Queenie lets out a loud laugh before clamping her mouth shut once she notices everyone sharing the staff room with her turn to look in her direction. She mumbles quick apologies and digs into her bag for her AirPods.