Chapter one: "I'll be with you until the end."

Dark Gray clouds loom ominously above me as the freezing cold rain falls and I hug my coat closer to my body as I walk up the wavy street. I finally find the apartment building I was looking for and walk slowly up the stairs and enter.

"okay you tramp, where the heck are you?" I mutter to myself, reaching inside my coat and pulling out the crumpled piece of paper with the adress. "Okay, it's apt 3B." I look up and confirm that the number matches the paper. Bingo.

I march up the stairs and stop at the door. I let out a sigh. If there was another way and another person I could go to,I wouldnt be here. I ring the doorbell twice. No answer, but I know he's in there. I ring again three times before he finally opens the door.

"Hey pal, I was in the middle of- Oh,uh.. hey there pretty lady, came to join the party?" He tries to hide his nervousness but I know better.

"Look I need to talk to you, it is very important."

"I think you're confusing me with someone else.."

"Ha, trust me. I know exactly who you are.Golden boy." I say, looking him dead serious in the eyes.

His expression turns into fear and shock.  My gaze doesn't leave his until we hear an annoying voice.

"Honey! why are you taking so-oh, who the heck are you?" A blonde chick in a robe says coming over to us. She looks at me with disgust. I stare back with pure disinterest.

"Oh sweetie, dont worry about me, you can keep him, but Im gonna have to ask you to leave us alone for a few hours." She scoffs at my words.

"Oh really? make me." she challenges.

"Im. not. asking you." I glare at her.

"O-oh-k-kay, I'll go." she stammers, her eyes widening in genuine fear.

"good idea." I smile sarcastically at her and she grabs her clothes and leaves.

I turn to him. "Look, I didnt want to come here, but since this is half your mess, you should know the whole story." I explain hastily.

"What are you-" I take out an envelope and hand it to him. "We don't know who or what my be lurking around. read it, then burn it."I tell him.

"D-do you want to go to the living room?" He asks.

I nod and follow him. "sorry for the mess, here you can sit here." he says, hastily grabbing magazines and kicking stuff out the way.

I sit down wearily and sigh. He sits at the end of the same couch. I watch his expression as he opens the envelope and starts reading. My mind lingers on those eyes, that face....He notices and smirks. "Still Like what you see, sugar?" He teases.

"Just shut up and read." I roll my eyes crossing my arms and looking elsewhere, my face burning. I fight a smile, despite the face that it's the last thing I feel like doing, considering the precarious situation I'm currently in. He chuckles and continues reading.

"I....don't know what...to say..." He says when he's done with the letter. His eyes were glistening and all traces of humor were gone from his expression.

"I know...its alot to take in."I cover my face with my hands, not wanting him to see the tears that start brimming over. I felt him wrap his arms comfortingly around me.

"I d-didn't kn-know, I-" "shhh shhh, I'm here, I won't let you go through this alone, I'll be here...till the end..."

A/N I KNOW ITS A VERY SHORT CHAPTER, BUT I HOPE YALL LIKE IT!! LOVE YOU!!!