Dad's journal

Sophie Winchester's pov

"Dean, remember what I told you." "Yeah dad, I remember."

I hear my daddy's deep voice and my brothers raspy voice faintly. I open my eyes and sit up in bed. Sammy was still snoring next to me. I hop out of bed and go to the livingroom.

"Daddy? where are you going?"I ask, yawning and rubbing my itchy eyes. "Sweet heart, you're supposed to be in bed. "He says. "Dont go daddy!"I run to him and cling to his legs. He sighs. "Soph, not this again I have to go now." Dean tries to loosen my grip, but I cling to daddy tighter. "Come on, soph let go of dad."  "NO!!" I yell. 

"Sophia Winchester, let. go." Uh oh he called me by my whole name, he didn't yell but I knew he meant business. I let go of him and Dean picks me up in his arms. "But youre coming back, right daddy?" Dad touches my cheek softly. "Don't I always, babygirl?" "O-Okay." I feel a big lump in my throat and try not to cry. Dad ruffles Dean's and My hair and leaves, closing the door behind him. I start to cry then.

"Sh shh soph, don't cry baby, it'll be okay." Dean hugs me tight and I hold onto him. "I hate that Daddy always leaves!! I dont want him to get hurt!" "He'll be fine, don't worry." He says, walking back to the bedroom. He tucks me in bed and kneels by my side.  "But Dean, what if he doesn't come back?" I whisper, still crying. Dean dries my tears gently. When I was your age, and dad left me and sam at uncle Bobby's, I asked him the same thing, I was  scared of him leaving forever, but even when he was gone a few days or even weeks, he always came back, and I stopped being scared." "And even if  he didnt come back, which is highly impossible, you'll always have me and Sammy to love and protect you, and we'll always be together, I promise."

"pinky promise?" Dean smiles and nods, "Pinky promise." I smile back. "Okay, I believe you, big brother." I say closing my eyes. "Good night baby sister." Dean kisses my cheek as I doze off.  We'll always be together, I like that...

                                                                                       *2 years later*

Broken Bow, Nebraska, 1991.Young Dean, Sam and Sophie are in a motel room, waiting for their father to return. Dean is 12, Sam is 8 and Sophia is 6. (P.S The journal entries here are legit from john's journal, I got them from here:http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/John%27s_Journal_(diary_entries)

when I was reading them I found some typos but it was like that when I read it. This a very long chap, so heads up. Happy reading! hope you like it! sorry its a reeeeally long chapter

Sophie's pov

"Do you think think we can make snow angels?" I ask Dean as I unwrap my grape flavored lollipop. We were looking out the window of our motel room and watching the snow. 

"I don't know. maybe." He replies with a sigh. He's in a sad mood today, well we all are, daddy's not here. And it's Christmas eve. He was usually busy but tried to be home for every Christmas. I walk over to Sammy and sit on the couch.

"Hey, why are you doing that?" I point as he takes out a page of his comic book out. I sit by him on the floor.

"I'm wrapping a present for dad." He smiles.

"Yeah right, where'd you get the money, steal it?" Dean says still at the window.

"No, uncle Bobby gave it to me to give to him, said it was real special."

"What is it?" Dean and I ask at the same time. We look at each other and grin.

"A pony." Sammy replies sarcastically. I laugh and sit on the couch and continue to eat my candy as I watch the movie playing on TV.