twenty nine.

filler 💓

egypt aaliyah ali

(she's so pretty 😩)

(she's so pretty 😩)

"ma!" i yelled walking into their house. "y'all gotta stop leaving the door unlocked you live with a child now,"

"you always telling grown folk what to do," my dad said walking down the corridor. i grinned and waited for him to walk up to me so i could give him a hug.

"safe neighbourhoods aren't always safe dad. we live in america," i rolled my eyes going to the living room. he rolled his eyes and went on his phone turning on the locks.

"happy now?"

"and is," i smiled, "demario at school?"

"your mom went to pick him up," he nodded.

"he like his new school?" i said sitting on the couch. all of a sudden luca walked in the room with his head in his phone.

"whatchu doin here?" we said at the same time.

"here to pick up my son," we said again making my dad laugh.

"i came here to talk business with dad fr but i was always picking up demario," luca said.

"but i said i was gon pick him up," i furrowed my eyebrows.

"well it looks like you're both here," my dad said.

"oh yeah dad can you look into someone for me? you know i'm good at finding people but this person's tricky,"

"sure who you after?"

"alaina riveira," i said going to sit by him.

"the lawyer? what you need her for?" he said. i looked at luca then back at my dad and shook my head.

"no reason i'm just interested," i shrugged

"sudden interest in a lawyer.. lemme find out," he side eyed me, "anyways here's her contacts," he showed me his phone. i put her number down in mine and handed it back to him.

"if you kids need me i'll be in my office," my dad smiled and walked off.

"so when do you wanna do this?" i asked luca.

"as soon as possible," he stretched staring at me.

"don't look at me like that, making my cooter wet and shit," i rolled my eyes.

"literally on the day demario's bout to be in the house... ion give a fuck anyway we still gon fuck," he shrugged.

*

"girl you seen ts?" kendra said walking towards me. she showed me a video of chrissy and her baby bump.

"notice how she only posted when murda died. i'm telling you, witness protection," i pointed.

"mei probably know what happened,"

"ofc she does. they besties remember,"

"i'm nosy asl so i'm finna find out and tell you all the tea,"

"as you should," i said fixing the hookah. whether kendra still talked to mei or not it didn't really bother me. she would always have a soft spot for her because that was someone she was once in love with.

demario walked in the house with shopping in his hands and luca on his trail. he ran up to me and gave me a big hug.

"you stay spoiling this boy," i said to luca.

"he's basically my child," he shrugged with his eyes glued to his phone.

"whatchu get dee?" i asked him.

"just some new j's and a haircut," he shrugged with a grin.

"go put em up in your room," i smiled. i admired how much luca actually took care of demario. regardless of him living with my parents now, luca still played his part.

him being on his phone all day lowkey got on my nerves but i couldn't help but smile. six months felt like six years with this man and i never would've imagined being this in love with someone.

"whatchu standin there smiling at me for?" he asked with a smirk.

"shut up. what you be doing on your phone all day?"

"sorting some shit out. i still got debo's funeral to plan and other shit,"

"other shit?"

"don't worry about it," he walked over to me and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"okay i guess," i said rolling my eyes, "i'm gonna get dinner started,"

"i'll be upstairs." he said walking off. my phone buzzed on the counter as i received a facebook notification.

"hello miss riveira," i said as i scrolled through her pictures. there was no doubting this woman was luca's mom. if she wasn't then she was definitely his long lost twin or some shit.

i wasted no time sending her a message regarding the situation with luca. without having to wait too long, she responded agreeing to meet up tomorrow at her house.

i was excited for luca, but also nervous. anything could happen. she might say the wrong thing or luca may come across as disrespectful and everything could go wrong. praying everything goes right.

-
got one more assignment left and i'll be more consistent 😆