Azula's Person of Interest

The mighty Azula was doing her usual thing, sitting on her throne in complete boredom.

Azula: *SIGH!* Must life as a general of the mighty fire nation be so uneventful? It feels so undeserving that I have so little to do. I am in great need of something that will bring me excitement.

Unbeknownst to the fire princess, that thing which would bring her the excitement she so very desired was watching her from one of the nearby pillars of the palace. It was a tiny fire nation girl by the name of Annet. She was the same age as Azula and had been of a normal height for her age, until this morning. When Annet woke up that morning, she found that she had inexplicably shrunk down to 2 inches in height. Why she had shrunk, Annet didn't have a clue, and had run in a blind panic for help. Once she had regained her composure and took note of her surroundings, she found that she had run all the way to the entrance of the fire palace. Annet decided to squeeze through the entrance doors because she wanted to look at Princess Azula, who she found to be absolutely beautiful. Every time she saw or thought of Azula, Annet would light up like a Christmas tree in July. The young girl couldn't resist the opportunity to look at her in person at her current size.

That was why Annet was where she stood, watching Princess Azula from behind a pillar in the fire palace. She was bright red as she stared at the mighty princess of fire, her sight completely fixed on Azula's disgruntled face of boredom. Annet was so fixated on her that she didn't notice herself walking towards Azula in wide eyed amazement.

Azula was beginning to become restless with the lack of anything to do. She shifted constantly on her throne, before shooting up onto her feet and stomping up to the center of the room.

Azula: OH GREAT FIRE SPIRITS! PLEASE GIFT ME WITH SOMETHING TO DO!!! God I'm so bored.

Azula threw her face down onto her open palm in disappointment. As she picked her head back up, she caught sight of something out of the corner of her eye, standing near her shoe on the floor. She was surprised to see it and bent down, squinting to get a better look at the object. Azula suddenly shot back in surprise when she realized what it was: a tiny girl.

Annet was stopped dead in her tracks when Azula's massive shoe came down within mere feet of her small fragile body. As she looked up, the tiny girl jumped at the sight of Azula's face looking down at her. Annet became even more scared as the fire princess bent down to look at her. When she shot back in surprise, Annet seized the chance to sprint away. Unfortunately for her, Azula managed to reach out her hand and pluck her up before she could break away.

Azula stood back up and lifted the tiny girl up to her face, bringing her close to her eyes.

Azula: My, my, what do we have here? A tiny girl? Who may you be, and how is it that you're so little?

Annet couldn't bring herself to answer. She was just too intimidated.

Azula: Well? Do you have an answer?

Annet: Oh… um… m… my nnn… na…

Azula: Are you able to speak above stutters, child?

Annet was taken aback by what Azula said. So she took a deep breath, cleared her throat and spoke above stutters.

Annet: My name is Annet, Princess Azula. I have no idea how I'm so small.

Azula: Hm, so what is it you want dear Annet? It must be very important if a mere citizen enters the great palace to see ME, Fire Nation Princess Azula!

Annet: Well that's just it! I wanted to see you, Azula.

Azula: For what pur… Wait a minute, I get it now! You, little girl, have a crush on me, how adorable!

Annet: WHAT! Me, a crush on you, absolutely not!

Azula: Well why else would you come here to see me at such a size other than to watch me like a peeping tom?

Annet: No, it's not like that! And I already told you, I don't know how or why I'm so small!

Azula: Quiet little one, oh sorry, I meant ANNET, that is not the point. It just so happens that I've been feeling pretty bored as of late and could use something to spice up my life.

Annet: Spice it up how?

Azula: I'll think of something, something very fun and interesting.