Chapter 4

It was sunday morning and Manik was working on his laptop in their room. But his head was a mess. He tried every single way to find about the threat letter but the thing he got was only disappointment. He was really worried. He even kept strict gaurds to look around his family.

Nandini enter the room with an excited Aru who was ready to spend the sunday with his parents. He ran towards Manik and hugged him with full force which made him surprised and in next moment he jerked Aru from him.

Manik: Kya tha yeh huh.... Koi karta hai aisa!!

He literally shouted at him. And left his hand.

Nandini: Manikkkk....

Nandini went towards them and hid Aru in her embrace.

Nandini was surprised by the way Manik behaved with Aru. It was the first time he shouted at him that too without any of his mistake.

Nandini: Why are you behaving like this?? Hua kya hai tumhe??

She tried to sound calm as it is not at all good to quarrel in front of their child.

Manik looked ta her for some time and then towards Aru who was clinging to his mumma like his life depends on her with continuous hiccups.

His facial expressions changed from hard to soft and then to guilty one. He cupped his face to make himself calm. He wanted to bang his own head for shouting at his son like this.

Nandini was rubbing Aru's back to stop him from crying as well as noticing the changes in Manik's behavior.

After calming himself a little Manik walked towards them and kneeled down to match the height of Aru.

Manik: Aru.....

He called him softly. But he hugged his mumma more tightly as if he was getting afraid of his papa.

Manik: Baby.... Papa is very bad na?? Papa shouted at you. I'm sorry.

He said holding his both the ears while making a cute pout. But Aru was really scared by his act. He didn't moved a bit. Nandini understood that something was really not okay as she was noticing Manik's changed behavior from a long time. So she tried to detach herself from him.

Nandini: Accha Manik.....

Manik looked at her as she called.

Nandini: Do one thing. Tum hume park me le chalo. Waha jane se I guess my baby will forgive you.

Nandini blinked her eyes to assure him. He nodded and smiled a little.

..........................................

Going to the park Aru met his friends who also came there to play. The park was not much crowded. Only some kids and two or three couples were present there who bought their children to play. Aru was playing with them and Manik and Nandini were sitting in the bench near them. They were watching their son playing his heart out. There was complete silence between both of them which was broken by Nandini.