⚘᠂ 𝗢𝗣𝗣𝗢𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗦

ellie grazer
|   𝗢𝗣𝗣𝗢𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗦 |
#. 002

𝗠𝗬 𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗬 noticeably jumped at the greeting, that practically terrified me and I swiftly turned around as a sharp gasp left my lips. Surprise washed over me, as I realised I was now facing the same girl I saw at the elevator.

"Hi." I finally slipped out as my heart rate fell back into a normal rhythm.

She was leaning on the doorway of the bathroom with her arms crossed only her stance changed and a smirk slid across her lips. "Sorry," she said lightly. "Didn't mean to scare you." She leant off of the doorway and headed towards her bed.

My cheeks instantly heated with embarrassment and I just turned back around to the box so she wouldn't see.

"Oh, no you're fine." I said with a slight smile while trying to muster a normal tone as I pushed my keys off of the top and opened the box.

I heard a loud thump and looked over where I could see her shove all her stuff off of her bed and lie down on it where she just went on her phone. I stood still as I silently pulled things out of the box as I thought of something to say that wasn't dumb.

"I um, I gave you the bed away from the window. So, you know, you wouldn't have the sun on you in the morning." I said while looking over at her and dragged my nail across the box as a source of distraction and bad habits.

She looked at me then looked at the wall by her bed. "Oh, thanks." She said bluntly before looking back at her phone.

Fuck I annoyed her. I bit my lip before looking back at the box and continued to pull things out of it and place them onto my bed, only stopping midway to look back at her.

"I'm Ellie, by the way." My eyes lingered on her for a response.

She soon turned her head to me with a small smile pressed between her cheeks. "I'm Alina."

We met eyes for a few moments before she eventually pulled them away and looked back to her phone.

I smiled to myself as I went back to emptying the box. Alina. I liked that name. I pulled out the last of my things and pushed the box under my bed. I walked back and forth around the room and placed my things in the allocated areas. I shot glances at Alina every now and then but she just seemed to be texting someone or just on her phone in some way. I didn't mind though, I didn't want her to think that I was pestering her so I just let her be.

After another ten minutes or so, I had finished unpacking everything and finally took a deep breath of relief. I heard my phone buzz from the desk by my bed and walked over to pick it up. My Mom's contact flashed into my view and I audibly sighed as I read her message from my lock screen.

Mom x
Have you finished your unpacking yet? I'm going to call you in half an hour.

I crawled on top of my bed and crossed my legs as I swiped across her message and replied back.

Ellie
Almost done. Got two more boxes
to do. We can call then x

I didn't even need to click off the app before she was typing again.