Chapter 2

Chapter 2

He was losing his calm, at least the frown on his forehead hinted at it. Kicking the pebbles lining the crosswalk, Rehaan jumped to his feet in a very bad mood. Waiting for others was not in his genes, specially after trying to hold a lot of patience.

Dhairya had abundantly requested him to meet him at the city college as they would be picking Shalini up and together leaving for the station later in the day. While it had been an hour since their last phone call, he refused to wait any longer.

Standing outside the premises of the college, he watched a few youngsters munching wafers and making fun of one another at the same time. This reminded him of his own graduation times at the university in London where he had pursued the stream of commerce. He was also looking forward to get his admission in MBA in India and further his career towards business.

On the other hand, Prachi had also attended the same university where he had been, reading computer science besides taking up music as a vocational subject. Both had graduated out of college with respectable grades and were already wondering of how to enhance their bright careers.

Before Rehaan could reach for his cellphone, he was already disturbed by an incoming call from Dhairya. He responded in a booming voice, "Bro, where are you? How long am I supposed to wait here?"

"Your loud and demanding voice reminds me of Vihaan uncle." Dhairya chuckled while Rehaan tightened his fist in sheer agony. The pause from Rehaan's side made Dhairya aware of his brother's reaction. "Did I offend you? Sorry, I didn't mean to do that. Okay so, I have met Shai on the way. I'm not coming to the college anymore. I should directly meet you at the station."

"What the crap, bro!" Rehaan was utterly dissuaded. "Brief me the route to the station now. I just hate traveling around a city I'm not even familiar at the moment."

"There's nothing to worry with that, Rihu. You need to do another favor for us."

"What the–"

"Crap or whatever, but listen to me carefully. I received a call from aunt Nidhi saying that she couldn't leave for Indore today since her father-in-law has met with an accident. She was supposed to be here to fetch Aaru to Omkareshwar." Dhairya briefed out. "Since it's Aaru's last day of college before she graduates, she must be lingering in the premises with her friends and bidding them a farewell right now. There are having a farewell fest today."

Rehaan's mind suddenly wandered to their past. Though he had never been in a close connection with Aarohi, yet her disappointed face on the stage while receiving the prizes appeared in a mist before him. He was completely aware of the injustice he had done to her by not reuniting her with Prachi and most probably with her brother Ishaan. By default, he knew he was the culprit to all the three of them.

"What do you expect me to do?" Rehaan didn't want to sound hoarse, yet it was an automatic gesture coming from him.

"Can you quickly pick her up and meet us at the station? She has always lived in Indore since childhood and already knows the route to the station. You may ask her." As Dhairya instructed, he hoped that Rehaan would ultimately agree. "Bro, are you listening?"

"How will I recognise her? She isn't a child anymore," came Rehaan's query which cleared Dhairya's confusion.

"I will send you a picture of hers. You may even ask people at the college. She is famous there."

"Why is that so? Is she still in the habit of eating into people's brain that they've thought of making her famous?"

"That's a lot of questions for me to answer. You should find it out yourself," Dhairya said one last time. "We will be waiting for you."