Chapter 66

Chapter 66

In the quest for her grandmother Jwala, Prachi travelled all her way to Gwalior, the city where her mother resided once upon a time. There was also Dhairya who accompanied her as per the instruction of his mother, but they both had ventured out in search for truth and salvation.

The lofty house painted in green lay in front of them, as Prachi ushered Dhairya inside the lounge. The walls of the concrete construction were lined with numerous pipelines and each window of a room was accessible to the adjacent one through these connections.

"Do you think I'll find my grandmother here?" Dhairya asked, a state of confusion affecting him. "This place seems to be so horrifying, Pihu. Let's consider my mother's warning seriously and run away from here."

"I haven't arrived so far only to run away, bro." She queried unbelievably. "I can't ass-ume to see you this scared."

"No, Pihu, I'm not scared. I'm only bothered by your safety." He defended confidently. "I won't be able to forgive myself if I lost you."

"I have already been trained." She chuckled clumsily before poking his arm. "Let's head over to where our quench for Mrs. Jwala Patel will be satis-fied."

They entered the broad hallway, where a pair of women were seen chopping vegetables and another lady doing the hundreds of utensils. It was a rehabilitation centre meant truly for only women and there was nothing surprising as to why female employees came to their view at first.

Prachi revolved her stringent eyes back and forth, left and right, and up and down before darting her way to the woman who was cleaning the utensils attentively. "Excuse me, where can we meet the incharge of this pla-ce?"

The woman looked up at her first but rigorously turned behind her, her eyelashes flickering when she saw Prachi's extensive gaze on her. "Namrata di, someone is asking for you."

At first, Prachi didn't understand who the woman was addressing, because the woman immediately resorted to her job without letting her eyes wander to anywhere else but the plates and cups again.

A middle-aged woman cladded in brown saree scurried towards them, her vision affixed on Prachi while stealing glances at Dhairya who was standing quietly next to his sister.

"I am Namrata, the caretaker of this place. How can I help you?" Her voice sounded polite and her face holding a soft bundle of curiosity. "I hate it when new people come over to leave their near-and-dear ones at our residence for further development of their lives. It gets very difficult to witness the excruciating pain of these sufferers, especially when you barely have any family member beside you."

"I understand your predi-cament, Namrata Ji, because you are the one to deal with their sufferings almost daily." Prachi passed a weak smile. "But we are not here to leave any of our dear ones with you. In fact, if situa-tion permits, one of the sufferers may find her way back home to live amongst her dear ones."

Dhairya frowned at it before pulling Prachi aside. "This wasn't what we were supposed to do here, Pihu, escorting my vile grandmother back home. We are here to extract some information from her and then leave quietly."

"Bro, we are still not aware of the mental state of our grand-mother. What if she's really not in a state to provide us with the information we are looking for?" Prachi asked, raising eyebrows. "If her treatment is still under-going, we must help her in getting cured quite rapidly for the case to get resolved. But for the same to happen, we can't afford to travel daily to Gwalior from Omkar-eshwar or Indore."

"You sound so correct, simply like the kind-hearted aunt Sanchi during her stay at the orphanage as uncle Vihaan narrates to us sometimes." He felt proud of his sister. "I also can't wait to unite my grandmother with my mom so that in the due course of her old age, she earns forgiveness from her own daughter. I have heard how she had yearned and pleaded for her forgiveness in her letters to my mother years ago. After that, she was never heard again."