Chapter 2

After doing some more tricks, Kala and I decided to just glide on a nice wind current for a while. I scratched her head with a smile as the adrenaline rush died down.

"Wanna do that again milady?" I asked as I scratched right behind her left earplate.

Kala purred happily and looked at me, but as soon as she did a ton of dragons came our way. We had to dodge the ones that were super close to hitting us as the flock passed.

"Whoa! Aaaaahhh!"

It was hard to keep up with how fast we had to dodge. Kala had to move faster as the flock got larger in size. It got so bad that one of the dragons flying overhead knocked my helmet off my head.

"My helmet!" I screamed as I tried to grab hold of it.

Kala noticed and dived after it, but it was falling faster than she could dive.

"Kala wait! No, no, no, no! Kala stop!" I yelled as I tried to keep hold of the saddle.

She came to a stop and looked at me whining. I smiled at her sadly and scratched her head.

"We'll get it later, okay? I don't wanna lose it either. Especially since it's one of the only things I have from my mother."

Kala nodded and crooned worriedly as she watched the flock. I looked at the dragons then back at her.

"Do you know where they're going?" I asked.

Kala nodded and nudged her head back to Berk as a way to say she would explain when we got home. I nodded and adjusted her tailfin then we took off back to the island.

~~~HTLANF~~~

As we flew back to Berk, I thought over things.

'That was the migrating flock. Is it mating season already? How come no one reminded me? Oh gods! How will I explain this to Hiccup?! I can't stay! If I do then who knows what'll happen! I don't think either of us are ready to be parents! Akatosh help me!'

I snapped out of it when we got closer to the island. Dragons were still leaving to catch up to the flock.

"What's the matter? Where are you going?" A Viking asked their dragon as it tried to take off.

Stormfly took off as Hiccup and I flew towards the plaza to land.

"Nonono! Don't leave, Stormfly, don't go! Please?" Astrid pleaded as she flew off.

She passed us as she left, but I roared to get her attention.

"Stormfly! How come no one reminded me about mating season?"

She stopped and looked at me. "We thought you knew! How are you going to explain all of this to your intended? He needs to know before your heat kicks in Kala."

"I know! I'm going to figure something out. I don't think my heat kicks in this early, so I've got time. Maybe. Good luck finding a mate."

"Thanks! See you after the season ends!" She smiled then left.

Once Stormfly was gone, I landed in the plaza and Hiccup hopped off and whispered in my ear.

"Were you asking her what was going on?"

I nodded and nudged him towards the hut, but before we could head there Astrid ran up to us.

"Hiccup! What's going on? Where are they going?" She asked frantically.

Before he could answer, many others ran over to us as well.

"Why did they leave?"

"What's happening?"