Chapter 5-All The Firsts (Part 2)

"Do you ever wonder why things have to turn out the way they do?" - Nicolas Sparks, A Walk to Remember

James' POV

"I'm sorry again earlier! I do hope you're not hurt and you're not mad at me for what happened," I said while staring at my dance partner's face. Up to this moment, I still couldn't believe that the one I called brod earlier was actually a very beautiful woman. Yes, she was gorgeous.

I couldn't take my eyes away from her face. It seemed like every part of her face was deliberately chosen to put the right ones together. Elfin's face with smokey brown eyes, a small perfectly upturned nose, and pouty red lips that looked so soft. I couldn't stop myself from imagining how those lips would feel if I covered them with mine. And she was petite, too. For sure I could carry her with one arm.

"If I'm angry I definitely won't dance with you. And if I'm hurt even more I won't dance with you now," she replied with a smile.

My smile widened. "Point taken. So can I take you home tonight?"

"S ... sure," she said gazing up at me with those tantalizing and innocent smokey brown eyes of hers. I was totally crazily smitten.

***

Desiree's POV

There in front of our house, under the moonlight, I got my very first kiss ever. Kissing under the moonlight was the theme of that night. It was just the most romantic, perfect evening of my entire seventeen years of life.

Love at first sight. Falling in love head over heels. Lovestruck. Starstruck. Whatever. Those are true. Because all of them hit me. As in bulls-eye. Since then, there had not been a day that I have not been happy. I found out he was spending a vacation with his family's friends here.

Sweet and enjoyable to be with. That was James. He was very thoughtful. Gorgeous with a sense of humor. He had it all. He made me feel so special. I even replaced pants, jackets, and helmets with skirts, blouses, dresses, lipsticks, and everything ladylike. I thought that even a gay would transform into a gorgeous lady with a prince charming like James beside her.

But what they say about love is also true. If you really want to love, you should be prepared to get hurt, too. I think those two are inseparable partners. Love then get hurt.

It happened to me, too. It was like someone had pierced a knife into young my heart. It was like the end of the world for me at that time.

I was still over the moon with our two-month relationship when it happened. Two months of meeting secretly because my parents would scold me. Cutting classes here and there to watch a movie. Walking, hanging out, making out inside the car.

It was almost the last day of school, I was about to leave the university I was attending when a very beautiful woman approached me before I could get out of the gate. I guess she was in her early twenties. She wore a straight-cut dress. She was sexy in a voluptuous way. She smiled slightly at me.

"Are you Desiree? Miss Desiree Valerio?" he asked as close as possible to me.

"Yes. It's me. Who are you?" I asked in surprise. I can't imagine why he knew me. As I looked at her I tried to think back to where I saw her and if we had ever met. But I couldn't remember anything. I was sure I haven't her before.

"You're really beautiful. It's no wonder James fell for you. But you should know that it was typical of James to have flings. He does it all the time. But he always comes back to me," she told me proudly.

I recoiled in shock. Who is this woman? Why did she know James? "Who are you? Why do you know James?" I asked while questions flooded my thoughts.

I wished Lolit was here. But she was sick and did not come to school.

A conclusion was already being drawn in my mind. Something that I couldn't afford to accept.

"I am Britney. James' fiancée."

It felt like a bomb had exploded after hearing what she said. I searched my mind for something to say but I failed.

No! James is mine, my mind seemed to want to shout out.

It was like my heart was being crushed.

"And I am pregnant with his child."

The woman proudly caressed his lower abdomen. I wanted to say that what she said was not true but I also restrained myself. How could it not be true that she was indeed pregnant? It was so obvious. That's why her body was round because she was pregnant with her and James' child.

"I would really appreciate it if you would stay away from him," she added as if she was just talking about the weather conditions while I felt my heart was broken into pieces. I wanted to shout in her face. Go to hell! You and James.

"Excuse me. I need to go," that came out of my mouth to my surprise. Then quickly I turned my back on her. I didn't remember how I got home that afternoon. I found myself there in my room and burst into tears. My heart was broken into million pieces. First boyfriend, first kiss, first date, first love. All the firsts. That was James Nicolas to me. His name was etched in my heart. And to be honest, I was wishing that he never married that woman.

But that was impossible because they are going to have a child. I couldn't bear to be the reason for a child to be a bastard. So, I just walked away on purpose. And because I was going on vacation then, like other vacations, my family went home to Nueva Ecija, the province of my father. I never tried to see or even communicate with James again. Never.

***