Chapter 4 She's Not Safe Anymore

It was really dark now and Bella was walking briskly down the quiet city market. No one in site and nothing to be herd except Bella's footsteps. She got to her house and unlocked the door. Her father was standing in the middle of the lounge room with his arms crossed.

"Father..." Bella said puffing and trying to catch her breath.

Her father continued to stand with his arms crossed.

"I-I'm sorry. I got held u.."

"I don't fucking care what happened Bella!!!" Her father shouted.

"Your late!" Her father said.

He walked over to Bella and slapped her. Bella fell to the ground in pain. She lifted her head up and faced her father. Her eyes where filled with tears. She held her hand up to a massive gash that her father had caused. Her father looked at her and watched as the tears rolled down her cheeks.

"I-Im so sorry Bells. I didn't mean to.." Her father spoke weakly.

Her father looked at Bella's wrists and saw a rope burn, the rope that bounded Bella's hands together during the hostage capturing.

"Bella? Is that rope burn?" Her father asked.

"W-what? Oh yeah...I...um..I had a rope bracelet and it got too tight." Bella said to cover up the truth.

"No that looks too tight and the bruising is on both wrists...Bella?... Did you get tied up?!?" Her father asked worried.

Bella sighed and nodded.

"Yes... This afternoon. I was walking home then I got captured. I was released after though." Bella explained.

"Bella this is outrageous! Who is he/she or them? What where their names? What did they look like? I need I report this!" Her father argued.

"NO! No you mustn't tell! They'll come after me!" Bella yelled anxiously.

"What? They can't find you? They don't watch your every move!?" Her father debated.

Bella hung her head low. And breathed in. She got up and walked to her bed room.

That night Bella's father walked up to the town hall and told the soldiers about the incident. The highway men then knew they had been noticed. Later that night when her father was walking home a loud gun shot was herd echoing through out the town. Bella's father was found shot dead the next morning.

Diary Entry

6/10/1725

Today was unexpected. My father was found dead in the streets this morning. Well in a way I knew it was coming. My father didn't listen to me and at that moment I knew that he wasn't coming back. Today was his funeral. I wanted to make it today because today's my mothers and fathers anniversary if they where still alive. Don't get me wrong I am sad about his passing. But he wasn't there for me when I needed him. But if mum was still alive I'm sure she would have looked after me. So in that reason I am taking my mothers name in her respect. Elizabeth Millington. As I stand over my fathers grave now, I know what I want to do. I want to find Dick and his gang. I want to find out more about him. I want to help him in a sick weird kind of way. And I know that they want to probably kill me now. But I really want to help Dick.

That's all today.

Liz x