Chapter 5: The Plans

((Pretend the GOD OF WAR (2018) Tyr Vault is like Set's vault. They wouldn't allow me to download one of the concept arts for it 😢))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\\Warning: Contains some lime//

3rd Person POV

—1 Year Later—

The bond between Y/N and Horus had grown more over the year since Set had taken rule over Egypt. Even though he wasn't able to see anymore without his eyes, he was able to walk through the quiet temple now with ease. Y/N had been practicing her light magic, ever since the massacre of the coronation, and it has been a great start for her, even with her weapon summons as well. There have been moments in the beginning that Horus struggled with that she had a hard time with, especially with his short temper after his father's death and the loss of his eyes.

But on this faithful day, as she was practicing her combat skills, something was brewing in Egypt with Zaya and Bek as he was plotting something...

—With Bek and Zaya—

"And so, Set was king. In the year that followed, many gods stood against him. One by one, they paid with their lives. For mortals, things were worse...most were forced into slavery and denied even the tiniest penny to buy our way into the afterlife. Blinded and defeated, Y/N withdrew Horus into exile..."

In this new city of Egypt, slaves were pulling in heavy limestone blocks to carry to the new tower in the center to build, Bek being one of them. They were told to rest for a few moments and he took that time to slip away.

"Those who prayed for him to save Egypt were sorely disappointed...but I was never much for prayer. I had found Zaya enslaved to a cruel master..."

He ran into the alleyways with a tote over his shoulder, dipping under wooden beams next to the homes. He had a determined look on his face, to try and set Zaya free from her master. He started climbing the buildings to get to the one she was at.

"But how could I free her from all of this? It was the maddest of all plans."

Zaya was sorting out the papyrus scrolls for her master until the wind kicked up, kicking the shutters open and blowing the scrolls off the table. As she was picking them up to put back on the table, her master, Urshu, came into the room and gave a sigh when he sees the shutters kicked open by the wind.

"You may not control the wind, Zaya, but I'd think you could close a shutter." He said, walking over and closing them with a huff of annoyance.

"Sorry, my lord..." She said in a small voice as she continued picking up the scrolls as he hastily picked up a scroll in his hands.

"Pretty one, if I ever find my desk disordered again, I'll through you outside to push stone. Is that clear?" He said was a firm but slightly kind tone in his voice and immediately after, he left to his chariot. She finished cleaning up the scrolls and watches him get ready to leave, his back to them as Bek came up being Zaya.

"I'd like to drop him from a great height," He said and she chuckled softly, "Morning," He kissed her, pulling her away from their view and speaks again, "One day, I'm going to steal you away from him."

"Is theft always the answer?" She quips, looking at him as they hear Urshu leaving.

"It is now in this world. You're either rich or nothing." He said, keeping an eye out at the door they were at.

"Even if you would free me, what about our family? Our friends? Or even Y/N? Can you steal all Egypt away from Set? Only Horus could free us..." She said somberly.