Seven

It was Yoongi who spoke up, finally dismissing Namjoon's endless rant of the day's meetings and clients. "Hoba! Why are you so down today? Is something wrong?" It was directed to Hoseok, no one else was part of the conversation yet Namjoon respectfully stopped himself. Hoseok on being called out, gulped and looked up and realised everyone was looking at him. He didn't hear a question but he was pretty sure what Yoongi must have asked him.

"Oh! I'm okay, it's just I was thinking about Taehyung."

"What about him?"

"He has been upset for over a month now, something's bothering him it seems." No one said anything. Everyone was very slowly gulping their drinks, lost in their own thoughts of when they last interacted with Taehyung and how it went.

Seokjin often drank at the bar together with Jungkook and Yoongi. Jungkook and Seokjin shared a special bond since the day Seokjin encountered Jungkook in one of the conferences where he was mesmerized by the talk given by the young achiever. He introduced himself to Jungkook and asked him out for drinks the very same night at the very same bar they were sitting in right now. Seokjin had since then pestered Jungkook to join his company. Finally it worked, Jungkook was impressed by Seokjin's words and determination. He got himself a meeting with Namjoon on Seokjin's request and was hired as a department lead. They continued their drinking regime once or twice a week with Yoongi, Seokjin's drinking buddy which is how Seokjin and Yoongi caught Jungkook fleeing with Jimin one night after their drinks like college lovers and they had laughed how drunk the other two were to totally ignore their presence outside the bar.

Surprisingly Jungkook often brought along Namjoon and Seokjin never minded. Namjoon and Seokjin had a good chemistry at work, when Namjoon couldn't handle certain social situations, he could always rely on Seokjin to save the day and Seokjin always had a backup in meetings in Namjoon, he was really knowledgeable. But he was amused at Jungkook and Namjoon's chemistry. Jungkook idolised Namjoon and they often behaved like brothers. Even Namjoon often explained himself to Jungkook, they both would get lost in discussing business decisions and hobbies. Slowly they all formed a small group. Sometimes Jungkook or Yoongi would bring along Jimin, and Yoongi would also sometimes bring Hoseok. No one commented on how Yoongi and Jungkook fawned over their special friends. Seokjin and Namjoon would just smile knowingly at each other. Then came Taehyung, Hoseok's and Jimin's friend. Taehyung was a force to reckon with on some days, laughing out loud with Hoseok and Seokjin and on other days, you would find him lost in his bubble with Jimin or Hoseok. A group of 7. Though it was a rare scenario when all seven were available in one night, even when some were available, they met and drank. It was fun to gossip and catch up after a tiry day at work. Tonight it was just all the hyungs, Seokjin, Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok. Jungkook had left early. Jimin was on leave and Taehyung, well he was not very social these days. He had denied Hoseok, which confirmed Hoseok's theory that something was indeed bothering Taehyung.

It was Yoongi again who continued the discussion.

"Well, Taehyung gets like that. Did you try talking to him?"

"Duh! Of course I did, so many times." Hoseok said in between a beer gulp. "He doesn't want to talk about it. Even Jiminie doesn't know what's wrong with him. We discussed it a few days ago."

Seokjin took his time but then something struck him. "You know what, even Jimin was not talking to Jungkook today. Our maknees are having a hard time these days, it seems."

"I'll talk to Jimin." Yoongi said. He said it in a fashion where it seemed like he was saying it to himself. This didn't sit well with Seokjin. "Yoongles, do you know something we don't know?"

"No. What is that supposed to mean?" Yoongi said in nonchalance.

"Yoongi-ah, please if you know something. Tell me. It's really gotten me worried these days. Please.. Taehyung has helped me so many times." Hobi said in a pleading tone. Yoongi shook his head, he didn't understand why Hoseok was so invested in Taehyung. But then, he was in Jimin. Perhaps, he shouldn't get so jealous over Taehyung and Hoseok's friendship.

"Umm something happened a few days ago. I passed a comment teasing Jimin about Jungkook. It was a bit teasing on Jimin being so quickly enamoured with people. He kinda got offended, mumbling about Taehyung getting on his nerves as well regarding the same. Maybe I struck a chord. I apologized of course. So I don't know if it's related but I think Jimin and Taehyung fought a few days ago. Jimin didn't tell me but I could read that in his words when commented on Taehyung's perspective or something. He is so obvious sometimes."

"Jimin and Taehyung fought? Wow, they hardly fight. They are always so in tune." Namjoon said.

"Maybe it's related. And maybe Jungkook got caught in the crossfire. Hmm, it does make sense but it's not fair." Seokjin commented. "Jungkook is so naive and simple when it comes to relations. Jimin should have kept him away from all these complex fights he has with Taehyung."

Yoongi glared at Seokjin. "We don't know who did what, Jin. And Jungkook is smart enough to know what he's signing for if he's going out with Jimin. Not everyone is simple. You are not simple."

"Oh my! Yoongi-ah, don't attack me! I'm just looking out for Jungkook, he is our maknee and is new to all this. He should have someone in his corner."

"Well we all know you are always at his corner."

"Oh god! Stop it you two." Hoseok shouted. "If this is true, maybe we should divide and help out. Jin can help Jungkook, Yoongi will ask Jimin and I'll try to reach out to Taehyung tomorrow, once again."

"So that leaves me. Well let me know if I can help any of you. But please keep the drama out of my office."

"Oh come on!", "Are you serious?", "This is what he says!" Multiple people sighed.

"What! We have a bigger purpose guys!!" Namjoon shouted in shock at the reactions.