3~ Sleepover

I headed to the store to get a few groceries for dinner, after coming back from the strip mall. It was basically just a bunch of shops on a road.

I walked through the store. I grabbed some stuff specifically for me. I got candy and some snacks. As well as some cute stuff I saw for my room. I also got all the things I needed for dinner.

After I had all the stuff on dad's list, I went to checkout. I walked to a register that didn't have a line.

The girl running the register looked around my age maybe older. Her name tag read Sophie.

"I love your outfit," She complimented me. I was wearing a colorful striped cropped tank top and a pair of paper bag denim shorts.

"Thank you," I smiled as I put all my groceries on the conveyor belt. I paid for everything and headed to the car.

My goal when I got to my car was to get as many bags in the back as possible at the same time. I didn't feel like packing groceries for ten minutes before I left the parking lot.

My plan did not work. I picked up most of the bags and almost toppled over.

"Let me help you," A familiar voice said. That voice belonged to William Erickson.

He grabbed a few bags out of my hands and placed them in the back of my car.

"Thank you Will" I thanked him.

"It's no problem," he shrugged as he went back to get more groceries from the cart and put them into the car.

"You don't have to do that," I said in protest as he continued to put all my groceries in the back of my car.

"Don't worry Cora. It's fine. What kind of athlete would I be if I didn't help out the coach's daughter?" he said. I couldn't tell if he was joking or being serious.

I nodded my head in an over exaggerated motion. "So, that's what this is all about? Saving the coach's daughter in her times of need, so she would go tell her father and you'd get on his good side" I joked.

He threw up his hands in surrender. "Ah, you got me. That was my goal all along" He joked back. We both broke out into a laugh. "No, but really it was hardly anything."

"I appreciate it, thank you. Now if you don't mind I have to get the groceries home for dinner"

"I've got to go too. See you later Cora" he smiled.

"Bye Will" I waved as he walked towards the store.

***

"Okay Dad, I got everything you asked for and a little bit extra. I bought a few snacks and things for my room, but I can pay you back, don't worry." I said as I saw him in the kitchen awaiting my arrival.

He shrugged me off, "No worries Coco, you don't have to"

I guess that's a perk of being the youngest and only daughter.

"Okay, do you want some help with dinner?" I asked sweetly. If he want's to pay for my snacks, he's got to at least let me help cook dinner.

"Um sure sweetie, but you don't have to."

I shook my head. "No, I want to"

"Can you start on the salad, and I'll cut the pork?"

I nodded and began to dice the tomatoes I bought.

The boys came in a few minutes later sweaty and gross from their run. Cooper tried to come over and hug me.

"You better take a shower before coming within five feet of me. " I put my hand out to stop him. Which of course only caused him to come closer. "I will seriously chop your arms off, if I'm tempted or maybe just for fun" I warned intimidatingly.