7~ Kenzie's Crush

My phone buzzed and the screen showed Will's contact picture. "Hey, Marshmallow," He said as soon as I picked up the phone.

"Hey, what's the occasion?" I asked. He doesn't normally call me out of the blue, or in general. We normally text or he's hanging out here with me and the boys.

"Why does there have to be an occasion to call my favorite female Barnes?" He asked.

"We all know I'm your favorite Barnes in general." I smirked into the phone.

I laid on my bed.

"That may be true, but don't tell your brother's they might get a little bit offended" He laughed and I joined him. "So there might be a reason for my call" He said slowly.

"Called it. What's up?"

"Can you come over? Kenzie said she needs girl talk immediately."

I sat up at Kenzie's name. We really clicked when we hung out after dinner. She's a really cool kid and she loves sports. It's so cute when her and Will bicker and fight. She's such a goofball.

"I'm on my way I'll be there in five." I said happily.

"Cor, it takes like ten minutes to get to my house from yours" Will said with a laugh.

"Yeah, yeah" I said and hung up the phone.

I slipped on my vans and headed out. The boys, besides Carter who was probably hiding in his room, were in the loft area right outside my room. "I'm going to Will's. Con, I'm taking your car" I saluted them and headed downstairs.

I grabbed my wallet and Connor's keys. "Bye Dad, I'm going to Will's" I said and shut the door.

I most likely just left all the boys in a state of confusion. Will and I weren't best friends. Sure we hung out with each other when he came over for the boys, but he was more of the boys' friend than mine.

It took me around seven minutes to get to Will's and Kenzie was waiting on the porch for me.

I got out of the car and she ran into my arms.

"Hey kiddo, I heard there was an emergency." I hugged her tightly. She wore a distressed rolling stones cropped tank top and a pair of denim shorts with a black beanie.

"Yeah, let's go to my room" She grabbed my wrist and lead me upstairs to her room.

I sat on her bed and she jumped on her bean bag chair.

"What's up?"

She groaned and covered her face. "I need girl advice. I might have a crush on this guy"

I perked up. "Tell me more"

"Well he's a seventh grader like me. His name is Grayson and he's really cute. He has brown hair and blue eyes. He really likes sports. He plays basketball and maybe football. He's really nice and he has a two year year old brother and he absolutely adores him." She gushed about this guy.

It was moment like these that made me wish I had a younger sister. I don't get to have girl talks with someone younger than me. The boys try to have girl talk with me and it ends up being an awkward, overprotective mess.

"He sounds adorable. Do you ever talk to this guy?"

"Yeah we sat next to each other in science last year and were science partners. I think that's were the crush started. Then he asked if my friends and his friends want to hang out, this weekend. I think we're going bowling."

"Well did you say yes?" I asked.

"Of course I did and I texted Shebly and Anna. They still haven't responded, but I think he's bringing Bennett, Archer, Jake, and Theo. Mom said I could go. I need advice. How do I get him to like me?" she asked timidly.