Chapter 399: Peace

When Nora heard this, she was silent for a moment.

She suddenly said, “Do you really want to know?”

Quentin nodded.

Nora looked away.

She was not planning to say these words. After all, her mother’s last words were filled with danger. Now, she did not even know who or where the enemy was.

She said, “Do you know why I hid my identity as Big Sister?”

Quentin shook his head.

Nora said, “Because my mother said that if I stand out, people might come after me.”

Quentin narrowed his eyes at these words.

Nora looked at him. “I told him this.”

She was referring to Ian.

They had just reunited, but she was not used to calling that person “father.” She could not bring herself to call him “father.”

Quentin understood.

Ian felt that Joel and Quentin could protect her well and that she would live well. Therefore, he had lost the will to live and wanted to reunite with Yvette.

But when he found out that his daughter was in danger, as a father, how could he leave?

He had to live and help her get rid of all obstacles!

Especially that danger… Ian subconsciously felt that it had something to do with Yvette leaving him back then!

This was Nora’s guess.

Yvette had suddenly run away from home and told the public that she had eloped with someone, but she had given birth to her. In addition to the organization Morris had mentioned…

She felt that Yvette’s departure back then might have been to protect Ian.

Ian clearly thought of this as well, and Nora told him, “The first DNA test showed that my genes have mutated. Logically speaking, we could never acknowledge each other. But Mother left my umbilical cord blood behind.”

Yvette had preserved Nora’s umbilical cord blood because she wanted to have a contingency plan when she was at her wit’s end.

If Nora was to ever get involved in this, Ian could protect her appropriately and fulfill his responsibility as a father.

Even if Nora did not need his protection, if this responsibility could make Ian want to live, she did not mind being protected.

However, Quentin suddenly understood something. He looked at Nora seriously. “Nora, don’t worry. I will help you guard your identity!”

If there was any danger, he would protect his cousin!

Nora: “?”

In the suburbs.

Joel was hugging Tanya. “I don’t know what Nora said to make Uncle Ian want to live, but I know that I can’t lose you again, Tanya.”

When Uncle Ian lay on the hospital bed and recalled what had happened back then, he said the thing he regretted the most was not insisting on being with Yvette. At that time, Joel had thought of Tanya.

He did not want the tragedy to repeat itself.

When Tanya heard this, she stopped struggling. She closed her eyes tightly as tears started pouring. “Even if I don’t mind Mia’s existence, what about Hillary?”