41: Shoots

Sitting back watching my girlfriend take photos of a half-naked woman she once slept with was horrible. Scarlett was wrapped in a white sheet laid on a bed on a set for a new jewellery line she's the ambassador for. 

Nell was up close and personal and I was trying my best to sit quietly and not object to her actions as she climbed onto the bed to get a good shot she laid down and Scarlett chuckled before going back to model mode. I liked to watch her work, she was creative and she had a vision and she knew how to position people and how to get the best out of people. I looked away from them for a moment towards the screen to see the photos appearing. She came over to me and pecked my cheek as she moved past to grab a different lens before heading back over to Scarlett.

3 hours later and she was done, all the photos were taken and Scarlett was in clothes and I had my girlfriend under my touch. Nell was sitting at her computer and I was standing behind her as she and David Yurman went over the photos from the shoot. They were selecting photos so Nell didn't have to edit them all. I rub my hands along Nell's shoulders as we flick through the photos. Scarlett came over and put her input in and when they were all selected an hour later: 

"Dinner?" I nodded helping her pack up her camera, she was using the camera bag I got her. "Do you have to work tonight?" I asked her. "Yeah, I'm going to start editing these." I sighed. "What's up?" "Nothing." "Talk to me, baby." She says as she slips on her coat. "You spent all day staring at her and now you're going to spend all evening looking at her stupid perfect face." She smirked at me. "Are you Jealous Miss Olsen?" "She was naked." "It's my job." "You could have said no." I pout and she kissed my lips immediately. "You said it was okay." "That was before she came out in no clothes." "It was one shoot out of like 6 different outfits." "But it's Scarlett." I could see her getting frustrated with me so I try and self regulate. She loves me, she's coming home with me. No, she doesn't take pretty pictures of me and no she doesn't look at me like she looks at the photos of Scarlett and No she doesn't spend hours editing my photos. But she loves me. 

"Princess?" "Yeah?" "You ready to go?" "I want to go home." "Oh, are you not hungry? We've been here all day." "I just want to go home." "Okay." She picked up her bags and waited for me and we left together. "Do you want me to help?" I asked offering to carry one of her bags, she wasn't at her studio today so she had a lot of equipment with her. "I got it." She says looking around the streets before walking to the edge of the sidewalk. "Where are you going?" "Hailing a cab." She says waving one down. "We normally walk." I point down the street. "Well, you want to go home so I'm getting you home." "You're annoyed with me." She opened the car door and practically threw her bags in, which she never does. "Get in the car Liz." "not when you're annoyed with me." "Fine." She got in the car and looked at me, I challenged her, folding my arms across my chest. "Are you coming?" "No." "Okay, I'll see you at home, I'm stopping off at the studio first." She says before closing the door. The cab drove off and I watched it in disbelief. 

I walked away slowly half expecting her to come back and drag me in the car but she didn't. I pulled my coat closed and half wished I hadn't been so stubborn and just got in the car with her as the wind blew. I turned the corner and there she stood her bags on the ground by her feet. "I thought." I point to the road. "I couldn't leave you to walk alone." She handed me her camera bag and I put it around my neck and she picked the two bigger bags up. 

"You were acting like a child back there, I hope you know that." She pointed out when we started walking. "I can't get the thought of you two out of my head." "What can I do to prove to you that I don't see her like that? That it's you I want." "I don't know, it's my messed up brain." "Your brain isn't messed up. I slept with our friend and I'm sorry I can't go back to the past and change it." "Would you, if you could? Would you not sleep with her?" I asked chewing my lip looking at my feet as we walked. She didn't say anything for a while and my tummy churned as we waited. "Nell?" "I don't know." "What do you mean I don't know?" I asked her getting annoyed again.