chapter 4

Charles drove us to a really nice restaurant and we got seated in a private basement in the restaurant. It was super cozy and I was excited for some alone time with Charles. The lights were dimm and the setting was really romantic. This was definitely a date. The waiter handed us the menus and left me alone with Charles.

-So are you like really forgetful or something? I asked

Charles laughed. Wow I love the way he laughs.

-I wouldn't say I'm that forgetful, he said but we both knew that wasn't the truth and now we were both laughing.

I really liked being in his presence. I could really be myself around it and everything felt natural. And every time he laughed he looked so hot.

-You said you're studying right. During the flight mentioned it I think, he asked.

-Yes I study art and design at a university in Stockholm. What do you work with or do? I asked trying to understand his previous behavior.

-Em so I'm a mechanic for Ferrari, Charles said kind of uncomfortably.

-So what do you do I really don't know anything about cars, I said laughing.

-Well I'm a mechanic for the Formula One team if you know what that is, he said slight more comfortable.

What's Formula One? I'm so confused. I think Charles realized that I wasn't following and he switched topic.

We talked for a while but were interrupted by the waiter bringing our food. I ordered a nice steak and Charles a healthy pasta. The food was really good and our conversation as good. It was fun getting to know Charles. He was from Monaco and had two siblings. Now I also knew why he had such an accent.

Charles paid for the dinner even though I insisted on at least paying for my food. As we walked out of the restaurant we walked so close I could feel Charles body heat in the cool wind.

-Would you like to go for some ice cream? I know a great ice cream shop down the road, Charles asked.

-Yeah why not, I answered him and smiled.

We walked down the road and continued having great conversation. It felt like we had known eachother forever. We talked about the differences about living in Monaco and Sweden.

-You have to come and experience real winter, I said laughing.

-I don't do well in cold okay, he said so serious it made me laugh even more.

I don't think anyone has made me laugh this much by doing so little. We approached a cute ice cream shop. It was at that moment Charles took my hand and almost ran in to the store. I was not ready for his touch or being pull at like that, but once I realized what he was doing I loved every second of it. We entered the empty shop laughing and still holding hands. I loved holding his warm hand.

We ordered our ice creams and I must admit Charles has some weird taste in ice cream. Who chooses mint chocolate chip?  We continued walking down the street, though not holding hands anymore. The ice cream was also really good. We stared talking about our childhoods and I just tried to fantasies growing up in Monaco.

Without realizing we were now walking in the beach. We continued walking under the shining moon. Everything was so magical. We sat down on the sand and I could talk to Charles for hours.

As we were walking back to Charles' car I got really cold and I think he noticed the goosebumps on my arms.

-Here take this, he said and took of his jacket.

I took his jacket and put it on. It smelled so good. After we just walked back in silence, but wasn't awkward. We got his car and he opened the car door for me. I thanked him and just smiled. All I could do was smile in his presence. He put on the radio and stared humming along to Coldplay, my favorite band.

-You like Coldplay huh? I asked.

-Yeah they're my favorite band, he said.

-No way mine too, I said and started singing along to Arabasque.

As the song ended Charles pulled up on the driveway. Before we got out of the car Charles said:

-I had a really great time tonight Alexandra. Thank you once again for bringing my bag of that plane. It really made things easier for me and well.. I most importantly got to meet you again, he said starring in to my eyes.

-Please Charles, call me Alex. Thank you for tonight it was really amazing, I responded.

He got out of the car and before I could open the door he had opened it for me.

-Thanks, I laughed. You're such a gentleman Charles.

We said goodbye and I slowly walked to the door. I saw how he got in to the car and waved. Then I heard how he started blasting Coldplay as he pulled out of the driveway. I got in to the house and closed the door. Wow... what a night, I thought to myself as I went upstairs.

———