XXXII. NOVEL APPROACH, A

After the initial chaos had calmed down at the Sinema, Liam was immediately at Madison's side. The witch could tell Scott was trying to get Madison home with Liam. The two walked side by side until they saw a car pulling up on the side of the road, and Madison had never been more grateful to see Isaac.

He ushered the two sophomores in, noticing their panicked states as they explained what went down the Sinema. The senior listened with attentive ears until they got back to their apartment, telling the two sophomores to take a shower—separately, then go to bed.

They listened to him, but not before Madison gave Isaac one of the biggest hugs she had ever given anyone. The older beta could smell the guilt and fear wafting off of her, but also the relief and warmth in her heart.

Madison and Liam had snuggled into Madison's bed an hour later, Liam knocking out almost immediately. The aroma in the room felt different, and Madison didn't need the nose of a werewolf to tell.

Madison had been drunk. It wasn't a secret, nor a surprise. Yet the witch couldn't forget what she had blabbered on to Liam about. She almost told him, almost told him about her supernatural problem.

She had no idea if he remembered and hoped that he didn't. She didn't even know what she would say, considering she was as lost in the problem as anyone else.

The witch tossed and turned, failing to fall asleep. Instead, she devised a plan. She would tell Isaac first, then Stiles. She hoped she would get the two to get along long enough to help her tell Scott, who could hopefully figure out what to do next.

Only problem? Madison wasn't sure where Liam fit into the mix. She didn't want him to be afraid of her. That was the last thing she needed, and losing him in a way like that would break her.

Maybe she could run away, out of Beacon Hills—just long enough to find Derek or her father to help her.

That idea was even worst than the last. Madison huffed, resting her head on Liam's chest as she continued to think. Her thoughts were suffocating, and she wished her brain would shut up. But it just got louder.

Madison sat up, opening her bedroom door to get some fresh air. What she didn't expect was to see Isaac standing right outside.

"Isaac? What're you doing?"

"What am I doing? What're you doing? It's 5:30, and you should be asleep."

"So should you." The witch retorted.

Isaac shrugged.