LIV. RADIO SILENCE

LIV. RADIO SILENCE

Madison hadn't gone to school the next day. She wasn't at the hospital anymore, Melissa had driven her home to get some rest and take a relaxing shower. Madison did as she was told, but there was nothing more painful than coming home to an empty house.

Her mind raced, she was afraid her father wouldn't be okay. He had never gotten hurt like this before, and he was the only family Madison had left. The two of them just started to navigate their way around being a proper family again, it wasn't fair that everything could be taken away from her.

Liam hadn't even crossed Madison's mind the entire night. They had sent a few texts back and forth to update the other, and Liam gave the news that Coach made him the team captain. Madison was happy for him—she really was, but it was hard to show her excitement when there was so much weighing her down.

Liam promised he'd be at the hospital first thing after school, and he'd bring Madison her missed class work to complete in the hospital side chair.

Madison had had a lot of time to think while sitting in the hospital. The mysterious Stiles crossed her mind more than once, and she had been trying to find out more about him. Every lead that Lydia, Scott, and Malia had...turned out to be useless. Madison was losing hope, but there was a determined flickering whisper in the back of her mind which refused to give up.

The werewitch had been in deep thought when her phone began to ring. She picked up after noticing it was Scott, who was urgently telling her to come to the school.

Madison was hesitant, she didn't want to leave her father, but she couldn't abandon her pack when they needed her. The werewitch had gone to Melissa and asked the woman to call her at the slightest change in her father's state, and the woman agreed. Isaac had also promised Madison he'd stay with her father, and that the pack needed her.

Madison nodded and set off to the school, and upon arrival, a sharp ringing noise sounded in her ears. She winced as she covered her ears, further walking onto the campus as she caught sight of Lydia, her strawberry blonde hair down her back as she stared at a blue Jeep. The closer Madison got to Lydia, the louder the ringing in her ears got. The ringing reminded her of the whispers, the voice calling for help and begging her to remember.

Madison caught sight of Scott and Malia approaching the banshee as the four of the them stood in front of the car.

"It's coming from inside," Lydia noted, the Jeep standing ominously in the parking lot.

Madison looked through the Jeep's window to see what looked like a radio, where the static may have been coming from and causing the immense ringing.

Madison tried to get inside and shut it off, but she couldn't get the handle unlocked.

"Did somebody lock the keys inside?" Malia questioned, peering into the car.

"Break it," Lydia instructed from besides the werecoyote, looking to Madison.