Luna

Chapter 27                                       
Megan Goes On A Rant                               

    To be honest my house was still in pretty good shape after the zombie apocalypse. Yes, we got here last night, and all the zombies were healed, but it still brought awful memories back from when the zombie apocalypse first happened. I was also pretty happy because Sasha and I filmed a funny video of tacos, and it was me and Ziira's 14th birthday tomorrow. I was also getting better, I wasn't sick anymore.
    I walked around the empty hallways that had broken glass on the floor. What would we do now? That was the only question on my mind. It was all over, the zombies were gone. Something still didn't feel right, though. Something was just...off.
    I walked into what used to be my parent's room and Loku quickly came out and slammed the door shut blocking me from entering.
"Oh come on, it's my house!" I yelled in his face.
"Yeah well, you can't come in."
"Why not?" I crossed my arms.
"Because we're making birthday plans for you."
I smiled, "You are, or they are?"
"We're doing everything!" Penny called from inside the room.
"Yea he's no help! Go take him somewhere else!"
"What!" Loku yelled.
"Oh come on!" I yelled, "Why do I have to deal with him!"
"Really?!" Loku said to me.
"Really yourself," I walked down the hallway but stopped at the end, "Are you coming Glasses?"
"Oh, go where?"
"I don't know, somewhere?"
    He walked up beside me and we went out the front door. Well, there was no door, it was gone from zombies. There weren't many people on the destroyed streets, everyone was mostly up in Reno or Las Vegas. That's where all the zombies would go anyway.
"Wait, where's Ziira?" I stopped in my tracks.
"She went to go get food, remember?"
"No, actually I don't remember anything."
"What do you mean?" Loku asked, looking at me weirdly.
"Well, I remember coming here, I remember filming something with Sasha and you interrupted, and I remember....that's it."
"Um that's weird, we didn't do much, though."
    We were walking along the sidewalk that led to the duck pond. My shoulder started hurting again.
"Ow!" I yelled when it got bad.
"You okay?" Loku asked stopping.
"Yea, It's just my shoulder again." I pulled the shoulder sleeve down and looked at it.
"Uh," Loku stared at my shoulder, "That doesn't look normal."
"No really?"
    My shoulder was green, yellow, and purple. Like...zombie skin.
"Oh god." I knew what happened.
"Luna...is that...?" Loku was speechless too.
    I was trying to think of everything, what could've happened? When? Then I knew: When I was in the cave fighting zombies, all of them surrounded me, that's when it happened. It happened and I didn't even realize it.
    Before I could tell Loku, pain struck all over me, and I passed out. I landed on the hard cement that was covered with pinecones and tree leaves, and all of my hair grew back. It all grew back an inch longer than it was in the beginning. There was a chance I wasn't fully human. And not a zombie quite yet.

                    Loku
    I didn't know what to do. She just...passed out! At first, I just stood there, struck. She...her...hair? It just grew back to how it looked before she cut it, what kind of magic was that?
"Luna!" I bent down and looked at her. I shook her, her eyes stayed closed, "Come on, wake up!"
    I picked her up and began to run back to the house. I knew Ziira was probably around here so I started calling her name as I ran, "Ziira! Ziira!" No answer.
    I crossed the street without looking (Not that there were any cars and people driving) and ran into the house.
"Guys!" I shouted and placed Luna on the couch, "Get over here!"
"What do you want Glasses?" Came the voice of Ziira. I turned around and saw her in the doorway.
"It's Luna!"
Her one eye widened and she walked over, "Guys! This is serious, get over here!"
    Everyone came out from the backroom and once they saw Luna on the couch they freaked out.
"What happened!" Penny yelled Looking at Luna.
Sasha walked over and looked at her shoulder. She gasped and covered her mouth, I could even see her eyes filling with tears.
"Guys..." She said, "That's a zombie bite..."
"A WHAT!" Mia screamed, "Loku what happened!"
"I don't know! She just passed out!"
"Wait...her hair?" Heather said, "It grew back?"
"Yea, it grew back once she passed out, it was weird and creepy!"
"Guys!" Ellie screamed, "If she has a bite, the cure won't work on her! Why didn't the cure work on her! SHE'S GONNA DIE!!!"
"What! We can't let her die!" I screamed.
"Why do you care Loku! You didn't even know she existed until we found you! She had most of her classes with you in school and you didn't even know she was there!" Megan screamed crying, "You're lucky we found you in the first place! You're lucky none of your friends have died and none of your pets have died and you haven't been through what we've been through! You're lucky that Luna convinced us to let you stay because you were alone and not just because your older sister is Zach's girlfriend! You're lucky that you've at least had a shelter to stay in and we were running for our lives trying to save the world! You're lucky that you're still alive!"
    Everyone was quiet and didn't know what to say. The only noise in the room was the clock ticking meanly in the back, as we just waited.
"She's gonna turn into a zombie..." Ellie said, "She's gonna turn into a zombie."
"There's no more cure?" Sasha asked.
Ellie shook her head, but then paused. "The lab."
"What?" Ziira asked.
"The lab! If we can get her to the lab before she turns full zombie we can probably save her!"
All the dogs wagged their tails and barked.
"Okay then," Sasha said, "Let's go."
   . . .
    We were driving in Sasha's truck and everyone was crowded. Sasha was driving, Ziira was in the passenger seat, passed out Luna was in the middle seat up front, Mia was in the seat behind Sasha, Ellie was next to her, then Heather and Megan split the last seat. I was in the bed of the truck with Penny and the three dogs.
"Almost there guys!" Sasha called as we sped on the road to Reno.
"You're making me car sick with all this speeding." Heather complained.
"Get used to it! We have to save Luna!" Mia said.
    We pulled up into the driveway of the lab/hospital and all ran inside with Luna. There was a lady at the front desk.
"We have someone that needs help!" Ziira yelled and we just ran up the stairs.
    We busted into one room and there was a lady standing there who, to be honest, kind of looked like Ellie. She had long blond hair and hazel eyes. She had a name pin on her scientist jacket and it said Dr. Kahiye.
Sasha froze when she saw her, "Dr.-Dr. Kahiye."
"Yes?" She responded.
Sasha went fishing into her pocket and grabbed out a note. She handed it to Dr. Kahiye and she skimmed through it. She gasped and her eyes filled with tears, "My...my husband wrote this..."
Sasha nodded, "We found the half cure he made, and finished it, we were the ones to save everyone."
    Dr. Kahiye looked at all of us. She had that look on her face that was like, "A bunch of teens saved the world."
"Well," Heather said, "Ellie was the one that did it." She pulled Ellie out from behind everyone.
    Dr. Kahiye just stared at her then she caught sight of Luna, "Is she turning into a zombie?!?!"
"Yes, and we need your help to save her!" Ellie shouted.
    Dr. Kahiye just stared at us, then nodded. She pushed a button and took Luna from us, "I'll help you." Then she put Luna on one of those rolling bed things. A bunch of other scientists and doctors walked in, and took Luna away. Leaving us in the dark.