Chapter 3

"Sasuke how much further?" Sakura asked between heavy breaths.

"I don't know."

The couple had been running for miles now, leaping from branch to branch high in the trees. They could still sense the shinobi behind them and knew they had to keep moving.

Sakura groaned in pain and had to stop. She was bent over, a hand resting on the side of her protruding stomach. "Sasuke I can't. It hurts too much."

Sasuke cursed under his breath and stopped to help her. This wasn't her fault, none of it was but she was now caught in the middle because of him. Because of his abilities.

He was about to carry her in his arms when he was hit in the side and pushed off the branch by one of the shinobi that had been chasing them. Thinking quickly he used his Rinnegan to swap places, the man was now falling to the ground and he was back with Sakura.

He picked her up and took off before the man had a chance to recover. While being carried Sakura began to heal her stomach. She was silently hoping this would ease the pain and slow down the contractions.

Suddenly there was an explosion ahead and it threw the couple back. Sasuke had slammed into a tree and his vision blurred. He was searching around for Sakura when he felt a foot step heavily on his back, holding him in place.

"Did you really think I wouldn't get what I want?" Someone asked him rhetorically. One of his men was holding Sakura in his arms behind him.

"Let her go Hiroto!" Sasuke growled.

Sasuke felt the weight of the persons foot leave his back but just as he was about to stand that same foot kicked him in the head, knocking him unconscious.

When he woke everything was pitch black. At first he didn't realize that he now had a metal band around his head, covering his eyes. He pulled against the chains that bound his hands out to his sides. In this state he couldn't use his Sharingan, Rinnegan or weave hand signs.

"Sasuke!" He could hear her screams but they sounded to be in a far off room. He pulled as hard as he could against his restraints but it was no use.

"Don't worry, once she has that child then I'll have what I want from you and neither of you will be of any use to me any longer." Hiroto purred from the doorway to Sasuke's cell. Sakura screamed out for him again.

"She's one tough girl" he antagonized, "but she will eventually have to give birth, it's inevitable. I will possess that child's Sharingan."

His words were fuel to the fire that was already burning inside of him. "Why not just take my eyes then? Why go to this length?"

"Oh I will. I want you to have to listen your wife's cries of fear and pain. Then once she's given birth all by herself I'll kill her in front of you. I want you to suffer as much as possible before I kill you. I'll take your eyes for myself and your child will be mine."

A purple aura began to form around Sasuke, growing in size. His Susano'o took form and broke him free of his restraints which allowed him to remove the band over his eyes.

Hiroto was taken by surprise. Sasuke's Susano'o grabbed him before he could flee the room and threw him into the wall to fall into a crumpled heap on the floor.

He deactivated his Susano'o and focused on where Sakura's chakra signature was coming from and took off. She appeared to be down the hall from him. He sprinted in that direction and kicked the door open.