Chapter 14: Meeting

Everyone was there. There was a loud chatter among them all, wondering what the meeting was for.

A boy walked up on a smooth, flat rock that was in the very center of the Haven. He had some lizard scales on his arms, a greenish tint to his skin, and a long lizard tail trailing behind him. He looked confident, so Laura guessed he was the leader.

"Hi, everyone. I suppose you're all wondering what the meeting is for. We only call meetings if they're urgent, and this is a big one."

A wave of excitement washed through the crowd, and some seemed to know what he was talking about, with big smiles on their faces.

"Tomorrow, get ready. Make sure all your powers work, and prepare. Because, tomorrow, we are going to destroy the F.A.H.!"

That really made and uproar. Kids and teenagers shouted war cries and pounded their fists in the air. Laura fluttered up nervously, afraid of getting hit.

Neo appeared on the stage, and the lizard boy went on. "Me and Neo here think that with my fire ability, and his wish-giving and invisibility abilities-"

Wish-giving and invisibility! So that's what it is. Interesting. Laura thought.

"-and everyone else's powers, we can beat them."

Everyone got excited again.

She wanted to find Trudy, so she flew above the crowd, searching for her distinctive reddish hair. A few people noticed her, and stared up in wonder. Most of them hadn't seen her yet, her being so small when she first arrived. She smiled and waved.

Laura found Trudy and hovered in front of her. Trudy jumped in surprise, then smiled.

"Hey, Laura, how did . . ." she noticed how she looked and bit her lip. "oh no, what happened?"

"I'll tell you later," she said as she perched on her friend's head.

The lizard boy continued. "The people that want to help with this, which I assume will be everyone, talk to Neo and we'll make a list of all our powers, and find out who can help where. Thanks for all coming to the meeting."

All the hybrids started slowly shuffling away, but this time happier, knowing that tomorrow they were going to set free all the hybrids that hadn't had a chance to escape.

Meanwhile, Laura was thinking about the same thing. This is great! We're going to free all the hybrids! Including Benjamin . . . oh, I haven't seen him since the double-dose. Laura frowned. I hope he's alright . . .

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hi! Sorry for the short chapter, the next one's going to be longer, you can tell. :) Hope y'all had a great day and see ya next time!

_pure_imagination_