"- your tiny orange candy!"

AS ENDLESS AS FOREVER,
OUR LOVE WILL STAY TOGETHER

— AS ENDLESS AS FOREVER,OUR LOVE WILL STAY TOGETHER❞

| HINATA SHŌYŌ |

"The other day when I was looking at this tiny orange candy, I was reminded of you."

Hinata, who has just picked out fresh oranges off their orange tree, whipped around instantly to give Tsukishima, who was weeding the backyard, a confused look. "And your point?"

"Nothing. It was too quiet and I wanted to amuse you."

Humming softly, Hinata put the fruit picker back in the storage and discarded the little round basket of oranges by the tree, and kneeled in front of the blonde with a giddy grin. "Would you be over the moon if I told you that I am properly amused, Kei-kun?"

Tsukishima didn't do much apart from chuckling silently as a reply and continued his work. It was when Hinata forced his head up by putting his hands on either side of his face, he grunted softly. "I don't like orange candies, for your information."

"But you love me, no?" Hinata quickly leapt forward and pecked the blonde's forehead. "It is generally quite difficult to do this— 'cause you know..."

"Yeah, tiny orange candy, I know." Tsukishima smirked, flicking off Hinata's forehead. "Could you get me some water, tiny orange candy?" He seemed like he was really enjoying the weird name calling.

"Don't call me that!"

"Okay, tiny orange candy." Although he was teasing, Tsukishima had a very blank tone.

Does he really look like some orange candy? That seems a bit far-fetched. Who would ever look at a candy and would be reminded of their partner? "It is not a nice name. Call me darling or honey... It's cute! Unlike orange candy, Kei-kun!"

"Do I look like someone who addresses people by calling them darling or honey, tiny orange candy?" Tsukishima sighed tiredly. He sat back on the ground, folding his legs comfortably. "Some water would be nice, tiny orange candy." He chuckled, leaning his cheek on his palm.

"If Kei-kun keeps calling me that, I won't talk to him." Hinata mumbled, lips forming into a pout. "Why would you ever think of me when you look at a stupid candy? People usually think of their loved ones when they look at the moon or flowers or something cute."

"Oh?" Tsukishima smiled, appearing to enjoy the other lad's complaints.

"Yes!" The redhead scoffed. "Like when this one time— in Brazil— I came across this really grumpy cat and I thought of you." He huffed. "She was grumpy, but very cute. She even licked my chin."

"That's not cute." Tsukishima chuckled. "And you think I am grumpy?"

"And cute." Hinata pointed out. "Grumpy and cute. I always think of you when I look at something really cute." He quickly stuck his tongue out at the blonde. "This was just one instance. Even when we go on grocery shopping dates and I look at strawberries, I think of you. That's cute, right?"