Your Awakening

Hello, you must be a person interested in Therianthropy, or probably an inexperienced therian, correct? Well, let's start off at the basics, shall we? First things first, what is Therianthropy? Well, it is a non-religious (you can be Christian, Theist, Buddhist, etc. and still believe), spiritual belief based in these central ideas.... Therians believe that their soul has no connections to a human, but rather an animal's soul. Many Therians believe that they have connections to a certain species of animal, that they were their animal in a past life, that they may be misplaced (often referred to as "Species Dysphoria"), and/or that their Spirit Animal is there to help them gain wisdom and lead the through life.

Now, you have to have your Awakening. Now, if you don't understand, allow me to explain. An Awakening is a Therian and Otherkin term for a human to discover what their Theriotype is. A person's Theriotype is often referred to their Spirit Animal, Spirit Guide, etc.

Now, to meet your Theriotype, well... It can take a few attempts. Some people achieve meeting their animal in dreams, lucid dreams, meditation, and many other methods, but I find meditation the easiest way. To find your animal via meditation, I find it rather helpful to visualize yourself in your favorite biome, mine is a forest or plains area for example. Now, after you have the area set up, imagine a thick for rolling slowly into the scene, and call out for your animal.

Recall that your animal may not appear on the first attempts, and if they do, they may or may not speak to you. It was that way with my Wolf, Sheeva. At first, she didn't appear, and after the third attempt, she strolled along shyly. Eventually, I discovered she is not even close to being the shy wolf I believed she was. Nope, instead, she is rather short tempered...

When you do come in contact with your animal, tell him/her your name. Tell them a bit about yourself, but don't go on and on like a biography, no. Just say simple things and eventually ask your Theriotype about his/her self.

Now, let us talk about the different animals..

The most common type of Therian is the Wolf/Canine and Feline Therian. Yet, there is the possibility on getting a Shark, possibly a Mouse? Turtle? Who knows! You may even get a Mythical being, similar to a Kitsune, Dragon, Fae (Fairy), Elves, Starseeds/Aliens, Shadows/Voids, and many other mythical beings. Those with magical beings are known as Otherkins, or 'Kins for short. Some may refer to themselves as "Weres", like some Therians do.

Understand that you cannot choose your spirit. It's like choosing your destiny. It is impossible.

Now, let me explain the stereotypes... For one, most Therians are not mentally ill and/or have mental retardation. Sure, there may be the occasional Therian with some problems, who knows? It's not something all Therians/Weres/Otherkins suffer with.

Another stereotype is that all Therians enjoy bestiality. This is like the mental illness thing. Sure, some may have the fettish, but not all.

And finally, do not mistake Furries and Therians together. Sure, a Therian could be a Furry, but not all are. Therians often times do not wear any fursuits, unless it is for cosplay and/or the Furry fandom. They do not, by definition, watch/draw Furry Pornography. Remember, Furries are a part if a Fandom, Therians are a part of a spiritual belief.

Also, something to remember, you may have more than one Animal. This is not uncommon, and if you do, then you must be a Polytherian/Polykin, like myself.

That is it for now, the next chapter shall cover the different shifts one could experience.

Thank you for reading the first chapter. I plan on publishing more as soon as I possibly can. Also, was this any help?

Good luck, Pups.