Different Shifts

Shifts.... Well, despite the fact that some of the shifts are a bit difficult to describe, even for a veteran Therian like myself, I shall try my best.

Now, where to begin...? I guess I should start with Physical Shifts. I hate how some "Therians" claim to be able to physically shape shift. This is impossible. People who claim to have to ability are often confused, and/or not even a true Therianthrope. These people tend to be disliked by the Therian/Kin community.

Ok, since that is cleared up, let us move on to the true shifts.

For one, there is the and common Phantom Shift, or P-Shift for short. Therians claim to feel phantom "limbs", like tails, ears, claws, etc., similar to an amputee having the feeling of "limbs", despite loosing the body part. These phantom "limbs" can actually move, like a tail wagging, or ears laying flat or perked up, wings flapping, or whatever.

To some, it could be a basic shift, and others..? Well, it could become a complex mess... Some Therians, like myself can shift everything, from the fur, to the eyes, ears, claws, teeth, just everything. Occasionally, there may be a mix of species, for example...

A Therian/Kin could feel dragon scales, with a wolf tail. Or even worse.... ugh. I find the mixed Shifts quite annoying, though rather uncommon. Occasionally, my P-Shifts are painful, but I doubt any other Therians go through the pain..

Next up is the Mental Shift, or M-Shift. This is when the more animalistic side comes out, especially with strong emotions like anger, pain, surprise, etc. M-Shifts can be somewhat dangerous if not dealt with properly. To newer Therians or 'Kins, it may seem rather difficult to control your Animal at first, but eventually, you will get the hang of it. Most M-Shift signs are growling, yipping, howling, meowing, hissing, purring, etc. Be careful, since you can hurt others by biting, scratching, etc.

Then, there is the Sensory Shift, or S-Shift. I rarely have these shifts, but I shall try my best to describe it. An S-Shift is when your sense become heightened, like a Cat Therian seeing well in the dark, a Canine Therian being able to pick up faint smells, it's things like these.

These are the three most common and well known shifts. Other, more uncommon shifts can include Cameo Shifts, Aura shifts, Dream and Astral Shifts. I shall try my best to explain these.

Cameo Shifts are when you P, M or S shift into an animal that is not your Theriotype. For example, there was a time when I would M and P-Shift into a dragon, or similar creature. I felt leathery wings, scales, long claws, and felt rather huge, despite none of my Theriotypes having these features. I believe it was my Nogitsune playing pranks on me, but I am still quite unsure.

Dream, or D-Shifts are a bit difficult to achieve but with enough practice, one can preform the shift. D-Shifts occur when you become your Theriotype on your dreams. You could possibly control your dreams, or not, I'm not sure. I have never experienced these shifts.

Astral Shifts, or A-Shifts, are preformed via Meditation. When one reaches the Astral Plane, they can become their Theriotype in the Astral Plane. These shifts, without any practice, can be rather difficult to achieve.

Aura Shifts, like Astral Shifts, are difficult to achieve, but let's move on to the explanation, shall we? Aura Shifts are when a person's aura becomes more animalistic. The aura will often take the shape of the Therian's Theriotype, and often become a bit more wild.

That is it for now, thanks for reading. The next chapter shall talk about packs.