Chapter 4: -Purple-

The next morning was strangely quiet when Y/N woke up. The little boy sat up and yawned. Kota had given him some new clothes to wear which were very comfortable, but he was still cold regardless. Taking the spare blanket that had been given to him, Y/N bundled himself up, trying to trap in the warmth.

"Morning, Y/N." Kota, who was laying on his own bed with a book in his lap, greeted. He was trying to act like he was interested in whatever he was reading, but truth be told he had been waiting for what felt like hours for Y/N to wake up. He couldn't wait to show his new friend around.

Y/N didn't reply verbally, opting to give the older boy a smile instead. Mr. Aizawa had explained everything to him yesterday and Y/N was glad to know that Kota was also a bad guy and could be trusted. He was also told that Mandalay was actually a bad guy and not good like he'd been initially told, but he was still weary of her and any possible motives she might have.

Deciding that he was done playing pretend, Kota tossed his book aside and climbed off his bed.

"C'mon Y/N! Let's go have breakfast and then I'll show you around!" He grabbed one of Y/N's hands, eagerly leading the pair out of the room. Y/N still had a blanket wrapped around them once they made it to the kitchen. He let out a shaky breath when his eyes met Mandalay's. There were two other adults that Y/N didn't recognize. He thought Kota might introduce them, but the boy was far too excited to get things going. He quickly scarfed down his own breakfast and waited impatiently as Y/N finished his.

Once he was finally done, Kota shouted something to Mandalay and the others then dragged the two of them away. Kota showed him everything: the cabins, the training grounds, the outside kitchens, the hot springs (one of Y/N's personal favorites), and even Kota's own little hideout in the mountains.

"L-Let's go." Kota said, pulling the two of them out of the cave and back down the side of the mountain. He seemed a little anxious while there. Maybe he didn't like heights or something. They went back to the training area and Kota turned to Y/N with an excited smile on his face.

"We should play superheroes! I have some toys that we can use!" Kota suggested excitedly. Y/N felt his own face light up. He'd never played superheroes before, but anything that had to do with heroes must be amazing! He nodded in agreement with Kota's idea.

"Okay, wait here. I'll be right back!" Kota yelled, already running back towards the house. Y/N listened, staying right where he was or, at least he did, until he heard a voice he thought he'd never hear again.

"Now what are you doing out here, all alone--again?"

Dabi didn't know why he did it. He had trudged through the camp, not blinking twice at the charred and burnt trees that lay scattered around the forest, not that it was really a forest anymore. His fire had seen to that.

He didn't understand it, he really didn't. Why had he asked Kurogiri to send him back here? Why did he want to see the kid again? Why did he feel bad for leaving?

"C'mon kid, I've got something to show ya." Dabi beckoned. Y/N eagerly obliged, running over to the purple man. He was amazed by the fact that the man had decided to come back. It almost didn't seem real.

Dabi offered the little boy his hand and the two began walking away from the campsite. He didn't actually have anything to show the kid, he merely wanted to get away before he was spotted by any heroes.

As the two wandered through the forest, Y/N hummed a soft tune while childishly swinging his and Dabi's interlocked hands. He wasn't humming anything specific, just something he made up while they explored the parts of the forest that hadn't been destroyed.