the baker and the baller -giannis antetokounmpo

i saw this tiktok and they fan casted princess and the frog irl and giannis was prince naveen and it gave me an amazing idea for an imagine
————————

"Sweet, sweet, Willow. Do you know what my dream as a kid was?" my daddy asked me as he sat on my bed.

"What daddy?" my 5 year-old self asked.

"I dreamed of owning a restaurant. Making food for other people, not just for you and momma." my daddy daydreamed.

"Oh daddy! I wanna have a restaurant too!"

"Oh sweetie. You need to work very hard for that."

"Oh I will daddy!" I said.

"You know what Willow, you can be a cook. Try your best and you'll succeed." my dad encouraged me.

"It's past your bedtime missy!" my mom came in the room and scolded us.

"But momma! He was telling me about his restaurant!" I told her.

"She wants to be a cook too." my daddy told my momma.

"Dream big dreams sweetie." my momma came over and kissed me on the head.

"Night sweetie. Sweet dreams." my momma said. My daddy planted a kiss on my temple afterwards.

"Night my future cook." he smiled.

———————

"Mom! Can I use the car?" I shouted.

"Sorry sweetie! I need it to get to work! Can you walk or find a ride?" she asked.

"It's fine. I asked Maya to take me." I said as my best friend, Maya, replied to my text. I ran downstairs and kissed my mom on the cheek.

"Love you mom. See ya later." I said.

"See ya later sweetie. I love you." Maya pulled up right when I got outside.

"What timing." I said stepping into the BMW. Her dad is the mayor so she's loaded. Me, not so much. I lost my dad a few years ago and has left me and my mom in a slight financial struggle.

"I'm just that amazing." she said jokingly as she did a dramatic hair flip. I laughed at her antics.

"Oh! Did you here that the MVP Giannis Ante-, however you say his last name, is coming here to New Orleans!" she exclaimed.

"Oh really. That's nice." I said. I've seen him on the news because he won the MVP for the NBA after he won the finals. I always watched the NBA, since I'm a Pelicans fan. I never watched all the games, but whenever I had the chance, I would watch them.

"Oh! And my dad him invited over to my house to welcome him to New Orleans! And I'm gonna meet him! Oh it's gonna be amazing! Maybe we'll fall in love and have little basketball players!" Maya daydreamed.

"Don't get ahead of yourself girl." I said as Maya parked the car.

"Oh! The party is tonight. My dad said he ordered for your restaurant to cater. So I'll see you there. I knew it would be the only way you could come." Maya told me.

"That's very thoughtful of you. Thank you." I said as I walked away.

"See you later!" Maya exclaimed. I waved back. I loved my best friend, but sometimes she fell too hard and too quickly for boys. She hadn't even met this man and was already planning to have kids with him! How insane.

I walked into the restaurant I worked at. I was greeted by the smell of various frying food items.

"Morning Michaels." I said to the cook as I walked in.