IᄂᄂЦMI

Illumi

Four million jenny to kill a L/N Y/N.

She is a typical everyday citizen, so why would she have a hit on her head?

It seems that the commission wasn't about a grudge, petty revenge or to get rid of some competitions, but to send a message—a warning, you could say, to someone.

Why would anyone spend four million jenny just to send a warning to someone?

Simply because the warning is to the leader of the Phantom Troupe himself.

L/N Y/N, "best friend" (and only friend) of Lucifer Chrollo, the head of the Phantom Troupe.

The target seems to have no prior knowledge about Lucifer Chrollo's real job and is not aware of the true identity of her childhood friend.

So far, the client has found out that L/N is the closest thing to a weakness Chrollo has, no matter how accurate that may be.

Injuring or killing L/N is a far easier and a more effective way to hurt and send a warning to Chrollo Lucifer than anything that directly happens to him will.

Illumi blinked at the paper in his hands.

He was curious about a commission he had gotten to get rid of a normal citizen who he had never heard of before.

Curious as to why someone would go as far as enlisting a Zolyck, no less.

The answer he received wasn't as interesting as he had hoped it would be but it was still semi-useful information.

It wasn't a hard commission nor would it require him to acquire something specific to be able to efficiently complete it.

It is some of the easiest four million jenny he has ever gotten so there is no use in prolonging it for no reason.

-

Illumi headed towards a small, unnamed town far out in the countryside.

Entering the village and finding L/N Y/N was surprisingly easy.

Too easy.

He almost wondered if all of this was a ploy crafted by the leader of the Phantom Troupe to trap him.

However, that thought was quickly pushed away after less than two days of observing them.

Chrollo actually seemed to have no protective measures created for protecting his one and only "weakness" and believed that no one would know who she is and think to come after her.

Y/N herself seemed to have no combat training or experience, making this even easier than it was before.

It would seem that Illumi had overestimated Chrollo too much.

He can easily get rid of her and leave before Chrollo would even be able to get there.

At this point, it was so easy it was starting to bore him.

He just wanted to finish this and leave as fast as possible.

-

That night, Illumi stealthily entered Y/N's house through an open window and waited in the shadows for her to enter her room.

Unsurprisingly, he didn't have to wait long.

Less than an hour after he got there, Y/N entered the room without any fear of guard up.

Wanting this to be done as fast as possible, Illumi made his way to the window closest to her.

Although he is easily able to do this in pitch dark (courtesy of years of training), Illumi saw no reason to exert any unnecessary effort.