6: Moët & Chandon

"Isn't this just wonderful, Livy!" Mum marvels over the decor of the room, while my lips curve in response to produce a forced smile.

"I can't believe you guys put so much effort into this," she adds now turning to face the guys who just nod nonchalantly at her.

The bright beaming smile doesn't leave mum's lips as she lets Ryan guide her back towards the hallway probably to complete the tour of his mension while I make no motion to follow them.

"So..." Wesley trails off looking at me expectantly.

I arch a single brown in response. "Do you like your new room?" He adds in clarification.

I shrug while maintaining a look of indifference on the outside, contradictory to the feeling of raw rage that's bubbling inside me.

I hate the fact that they just waltz into my life and just turn it upside down.

I hate the fact that mum's okay with all of this.

I hate the fact that I will soon be leaving my home and moving into this huge fancy mansion--that will be anything but a home to me.

My eyes glance over the room that they address as mine, and I realize that, most of all I hate how perfect it is.

The room decoration is everything I ever wanted my room to be, from the canopy bed to its brown and white theme, to even the white orchids that sit on display on the table in a crystal vase, everything seems perfect.

'I'm supposed to hate all of this, not fall in love with it!' I admonish myself, yet cannot fond it in me to come to actually hating any of it.

'This marriage is going to slowly take everything from me, this room is just the starting of all the things that will be slowly replaced'

"We have got to establish some form of verbal communication between us...someday," Kayden grumbles under his breath.

I just look at him blankly, watching as my silence only irks him more.

"I get that you don't like talking, but at least tell us if you liked the room or not," Wesley says trying to translate Kayden's words into a more polite form.

"It's fine," I finally opt to say.

"It's fine? That's all we get?" Kayden scoffs in disbelief. "You know how long it took us to pu-" Entique firmly grips his arm, cutting him off.

Not wanting anymore to be here anymore I turn on my heels and proceed to leave the room...my room.

Just as I catch Enrique whisper to Kayden stoically, "don't push her."

I mosey down the extravagantly enormous stairwell that looks to be pulled out straight out of a high-budget movie, letting my eyes wander at their free will at the architectural masterpiece that they call home.

'Soon I'll be calling it home as well' I sigh.

"Rachel you have to tell her sooner or later." A hushed whisper fueled by a tone of urgency reaches my ears.

I frown, and against my better judgement I decide to give in to my intrigue and follow the string of whispers that follow it.

Finding myself eavesdropping outside what I can assume to be a study room, I strain my hearing to catch every minuscule detail of the ongoing hushed conversation between my mum and Ryan, my eye growing wider in horror with their every word.

"And how to you propose I break the news to her?" Mum snaps--clearly annoyed at the situation.

"You know her the best, figure it out. But we need to move on with the paperwork to transfer her to the new school," Ryan sighs.

'New school?'

"You don't understand," mum remarks, hopelessness evident in her tone. "She has friends at her current school, friends she grew up with," mum add, trying to prove her point.

"You can't just expect me to tell her to just get up and completely change everything she has ever known in a blink of an eye," she goes on.

"I understand that, but once news of our engagement gets out, having her attend that school and mix up with the people she has been mixing around with previously will be nothing but a security threat." Ryan defends his side.

'Leave my friends?'

'I won't be able to be friends with Graham?' My heart starts to race in horror and is only accelerated further by my now-forming fury.

"I think the guys are overreacting with their threat assessment a bit, don't you?" Mum remakes, making me frown.

'What threat assessment?'

"If it were just Kayden who pointed it maybe, but when Enrique backed him up how do you expect me to not take it seriously?" Ryan sighs.

'Wait...these guys are behind this entire thing?'

'I knew they were up to something after that scene at the house with Graham and them...but manipulating Ryan and Mum to make me change school and leave my friends? That's a whole new level of low'

My fist clenches in rage, but the cold touch that grasps my arm in a firm grip. My head snaps to my side only to come face to face with Enrique--my body goes numb.

"Eavesdropping now are we?" He questions in a deep impassive tone and I refrain the urge to gulp in fear at the sight of his stoic gaze.

I shake my head negatively not trusting my words not to betray me.

"Oh, so now we're lying as well," he remarks, the intensity of his gaze only increasing urging me to buckle under pressure.

But I stand my ground and shake my head once again while attempting to jerk my arm out of his grasp. But to no avail.

"Answer my question, Olivia," he demands. "Truthfully," he is quick to add.

I shake my head again, only adding to his dismay.

"Words," he tells me.

"I was looking for mum," I finally replay, coaching my words not to give me away.

He looks at me for a few moments in scrutiny, but to my relief, he doesn't press the subject further.

And just as I let out a mental sigh of relief, the study room door swings open.

"What are you guys doing here?" Ryan demands, his gaze cast over Entique and me in suspicion.

"Oh Liv, good that you're here. Honey, we need to talk," mum says as soon as she sets eyes on me, coming from behind Ryan.

'Please don't tell me she's actually considering what Ryan said'

'I don't want to change school'

'And most importantly, I don't want to leave my friends!'

Author's Note:

Hey guys, so I know I had disappeared for forever, but I'm back!

And I'm so sorry for vanishing like that, but turns out college when offline is way more stressful than online 😅

I will be trying my best to update more frequently, but no promises.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

And thanks for all the concern you guys showed for me through all your messages, it was really heartwarming.

Comment &vote

~Kia