9: Krug

'The more actions you take the more progress you make'

Enrique gradually drops the topic of the debate and we settle into silence, the low humming of the radio being the only audible sound in the car.

I have no idea when we are headed to, the turns he chooses leads me from my familiar route to a complete estrange one.

"Where are we going?" I finally ask, only to be met with momentary silence.

"Your mum thought it would be a good time for you to meet the rest of your new family," he replies vaguely.

"Why now?" I frown.

"You're going to be in the wedding," he replies.

"And?" I urge for a clearer reasoning.

"And so are they," he adds.

"It's not my wedding, I know you three that's enough," I protest, the very thought of meeting more people sets a cast of daunting clouds over me.

From my peripheral vision, I catch a glimpse of his lips inching upwards--not a complete smile or even a smirk--amusement being hinted from this eyes.

"You're just going to be meeting two of our cousins and their partners, you'll be acquainted with the rest of the family at the wedding itself," he inform me, not helping my building anxiety at all.

I refrain from asking any more questions having somewhat of a vague idea what the response might be and rather focus on calming my racing mine down.

It isn't long before I find us pulling into a driveway leading to a modern two-story house. It's white colour reflecting the sunlight giving it an appearance to bigger than it actually is.

Colour-coordinated flower beds line the perimeter of the house while the metal gates we just entered through shut behind us automatically and with minimum noise.

"Everyones' already here," Enrique says after a quick glance at his phone that he then deposits onto the dashboard before driving down the driveway and following the path until he reaches a garage.

The garage door collapses sideways granting us access before regaining its place and shutting after we enter.

'Does everything have a motion detector here?' I wonder eyeing the garage door and the red line of light stretching across a few feet ahead of the door.

Wordlessly slouching out of the car, I maneuver my way around to the other side of the vehicle and follow closely behind Enrique as he makes his way across the garage that I now notice is littered with numerous cars.

Entering the house through the garage access, my eyes wonder around on their own accord taking in the ambiance.

Neutral colors, no decorations up, three frame along the hallway--all group pictures--the fragrance permeating the air is undoubtedly the remanence of a musky perfume.

'An unmarried guy lives here' I conclude, just as the faint crackles of lively laughter hits in my ears.

"Finally! Took you guys long enough!" Exclaims a green-eyed dark-haired guy sitting on the sofa, beside a tanned dark-haired girl whose lips curve into a bright smile as soon as she spots us--or Enrique.

"Somone's in a grumpy mood." A voice behind me remarks right before Wesley wraps his arm around my should coming into my peripheral sight.

My body stiffens on its own accord at the foreign touch, but I force myself I relax, focusing my mind on observing the people around me.