The transfer student

-Chapter 1-

I walk to my locker but then I end up walking towards my last years one. How clumsy of me. It's been a week and yet I still haven't quite got use to 'the changing.' Wow, I just made a maze runner reference.

Hi, I'm Mikasa. Sixteen-year-old average teenage girl, blah, blah...you get the point. So I have dark brown hair with hazel eyes, with average height. I don't wear glasses but I have pretty high marks on my test and I like reading, so I guess I'm still considered a nerd. Although, my social status is somewhere in between unpopular and popular kids. I guess because I'm able to blend in and crack jokes every so often.

I have one best friend I've played with for five years now. Her name is Courtney. She has these emerald eyes and curly, hazel coloured hair. She always says it's ugly and annoying but I think her hair is lovely. But sadly she has gone to America for a family holiday and won't come back in another 2 weeks. Which leaves me all alone, not that I mind. I'm the sort of independent type of girl.

If you're wondering if I have a crush on someone. Well yes, I actually do and let me guess your going to say some bad boy who is highly attractive. Actually you're right too. But the thing is, it's one-sided love so don't hope for a love story of a nerd girl falling in love with the bad boy which falls in love back. Because, trust me that's not going to happen because I'm not intending to confess my feelings. Not three years ago, not now and not ever.

It was still summer in Melbourne and yet the weather is so chilly. I move my scarf up so it's covering my mouth as I cross the corner. Then, that's when I bumped into someone and I dropped all his books. I helped him pick up his books and gave it to him. (Don't think this is some love at fist sight, cause it's not) He has a mop of black hair and light blue eyes. He isn't muscular, rather skinny but tall. He wasn't the attractive type probably because of his glasses, which made him look nothing but geeky. Was I really checking this guy out? Although he was nowhere close to him, if you know what I mean.

'I'm sorry, I didn't see you coming there,' I said to him.

'No, it was my bad, I didn't...' he didn't finish his sentence but I knew exactly what was wrong.

'C'mon, to show my apologies I'll take you to the coordinators room,' I said and took his arm leading to the coordinators rooms.

You see, I didn't take his hand because that would be too close and just because my crush doesn't like me doesn't mean I go holding other peoples hands. See how loyal I am? I laughed in my head, loyal to someone who has no clue that you like them.

'Wait, how did you know?' he said while we were walking.

'You see that map there, that's how I knew,' I said pointing to the map he squashed between his books.

From the corner of my eye I could see him blushing, wow I didn't know I had the ability to make people blush. Transfer students these days.

When we got the coordinators room I let go of his arm and smiled.

'Thank you,' his cheeks turned red again.

'No worries, Mikasa and you?' I asked him.

'Alexander but everyone calls me Alex,' he said shyly.

'Hmm. Nope, I think I'll go with Alexander,' I said and turned my back and this time going back towards the correct locker place.

I smiled. But I didn't know what for exactly, whether it was for getting to the correct locker place or helping Alexander out.

-----------------------------------------

Sorry for this chapter being short and all. I just wanted to base this chapter on 'The transfer student' and Mikasa.

I will try and not stretch things out to much and bore you. Trust me, it will get better.

I hope you like it!

Feedback is definitely welcomed! Oh right, and if you spot any wolves dressed up as grandmas please tell me. Nah I'm joking, I mean grammar mistakes.

Thank you all for reading, I really appreciate it. I'll update when I can. Thanks, once agin!

Yellow_Scarf :)))))