➳62

I think I'm fallin' in you~

25th December, 2021.

The day most people around the world were waiting for, was coming to an end. Some were happy to get to meet their family after a long time while some were sad thinking that they had to wait for Christmas again for a whole year. The whole city was sparkling with lights of variety of colours. The Christmas songs were playing which were able to lift up anyone's mood. Kids were out with their parents and was standing in the line to meet the so-called Santa with their cute smiles on their faces.

Mark and his friends were returning back to Jaemin's house after having dinner at a restaurant. The students always spent this night together and at the end, they had a sleepover. They entered the neighborhood and were walking as they could hear the faint sound of the jingle bells.

"Wow the food was so good at that restaurant", Jisung said happily, walking next to his favourite older brother, Jaemin who gave the whole squad a treat on this special day.

"Right. Thank you, Jaemin~" Haechan clung onto the other's arm and tried to kiss him on the neck. But, to protect himself Jaemin covered the tanned guy's face with his hand and pushed him away. Being unable to keep his balance because of being too drunk, he was about to fall but thankfully Jeno caught him. Looking at his puppy-like face, Haechan yelled out, "No-je!!!! Ahhh why are you cute?!?!" He pinched Jeno's cheeks, more like stretched them.

The black-haired male gritted his teeth. "I didn't sign up for this." Nevertheless he put Haechan's arm around his shoulders and helped him to reach home while their friends were laughing because of the somewhat cute moment.

"Although I'm away from my family, it feels like home whenever I'm with you guys. Thank you", the Chinese male spoke up.

"Aww Renjun. We are a family, did you forget?", Yumi asked giving him a side hug while Jeno from the back narrowed his eyebrows.

"Let's be like this for the rest of our lives. Promise?", he said.

"Promise!!!", everyone shouted, forgetting it was night time and the neighborhood was quiet.

"Everything was good but it didn't snow today. I mean Christmas without snow is a big no", Jaemin said.

"Right! Hopefully it will snow next year", Mark replied, looking at the clear sky as the stars were twinkling in their own way.

Finally they reached Jaemin's house as he unlocked the door. His parents were probably in their room upstairs. The seven friends went to the living room, some sat on the sofa while some on the carpeted floor. Haechan was already deep in sleep on the sofa. They put off their jackets as they were provided warmth from the fire place where the ribbons of flame were dancing. At a corner of the room, the big Christmas tree stood tall, decorated beautifully. The woody smell of the pine tree filled the room which made them relax.