Much Needed Break

Thursday
Andy's POV
Shift was finally over. This had to be the longest 24 hours of my life. Maya and Vic decided a breakfast run would be nice for the whole house.

I was 100% in, Adrianna was at school and I didn't have to meet up with Ryan until later on today.

I grabbed my stuff out of my locker and thought I was about to make a clean break for the exit, but Captain has no heart called me into my office.

Captain Sullivan: I truly want to apologize.  Umm.... I shouldn't have disrespected you like that in front of your coworkers who respect you.

What I really wanted to say would've caused me my job, so I just nodded along to what he was saying. Finally after what felt like forever the conversation was over.

Captain Sullivan: That'll be all go enjoy your days off.

I walked out his office and for the first time in forever I was excited to leave work.

~~~~~~~~~
When I finally got home it was 12 in the afternoon. I decided to go ahead and call Ryan over so, I could spend the rest of my day with my daughter.

Ryan's POV
I pulled up to Andy's apartment complex. I grabbed Champ from the passenger seat. He was the dog Andy and I shared together. When Adrianna turned 5 we both decided to buy a dog together and that's how we have Champ. We both managed to share custody of the dog and our daughter.

As soon as Andy opened the door Champ jumped into her arms. Champ tends to spend more time with me because of Andy's schedule, but on her days off Champ is all hers.

Andy: Come on in. You want a beer?
Ryan: Yea please.

Both of us set on the couch, for the next few hours we discussed our daughter's 11th birthday.

Ryan: I want to get her a dog for her birthday a chihuahua to be exact that's her dream dog.
Andy: Go for it just make sure it's a boy we don't need no surprise puppies.
Ryan: I can make that work.

The room went silent for awhile.

Andy: So how are you and Emily?
Ryan: She says she has something serious to talk to me about, but she's out of town until Tuesday.
Andy: So
Ryan: So

I leaned towards Andy I grabbed her face and slowly started kissing her. I thought she was going to pull away, but to my surprise she didn't. She kissed back. I picked her up bridal style and carried her to her room.

~~~~~~~~~
Andy's POV
Ryan and I lay in bed next to each other. I checked my watch and it read 2:55

I jumped up and started searching for my clothes.

Andy: I gotta go pick up Adrianna. You'll be gone by time I get back right?
Ryan: Of course

I threw his clothes at him. Being that we shared a child and a dog together I gave him a key to my apartment, but only for emergency uses.

I grabbed Champ and headed to pick up my daughter.

I had arrived at her school at 3:25 exactly.

That night
Champ, Adri and I had just got back in the house from his late night walk.

My daughter and I talked about her birthday that was right around the corner and after awhile it was time for her to get ready for bed.

Champ and I watched tv a little longer before I called it a night.