Assistant

So the deal was made. Ellen was to write Tyler Ryle's book in order to keep her work. She had to meet with him few days per month. And sometimes they'd meet few days per week. It all depended on their schedules and the book chapters: new chapters require meetings, old ones can be dealt with with phone calls.
Ellen rested her cheek on her left hand as she read Shakespeare's famous story, Hamlet. It had been 2 weeks since she signed the deal with Tyler, and she still felt her brain was over consumed by the man. She could smell the coffee at her office door, so she smiled, she wanted that badly. Without looking up, she heard Mia's footsteps that stopped at her desk. The cup was placed softly. She noticed the unusual quiet followed by Mia's present. And that's why she snapped her eyes up.
"Oh", she said. It was a handsome guy with strong masculine features. Although he looked a strong man, deepening her look she could tell he was not that old.
The guy smiled professionally,"Bonjour mademoiselle, sir Tyler would like to speak with you"
He handed her a cellphone.
Placing it on her left ear, still amazed by the man in front of her, Tyler's deep voice stirred her,"Bryce, I thought you might wanna enjoy *my usual* for the morning. The guy in front of you is my assistant. He will stay by your side as long as you're working for my project. Make sure you get him a well hotel reservation."
She stood up and walked to the end of her office,"Are you done?"
"Yes"
She whispered trying not to make the man feeling unwanted, "I need no assistant but thank you for the coffee"
"He will stay there with you, Bryce"
"I don't want him to, I am.."
And as always, Tyler rushed it,"Sorry got to go. Take care of him please, he has never been in the city before"
And hanged up.
She turned to see the man staring at her,"Sorry, but as you, I am stuck in this. No need to be too considerate about me. I will just stay and read a book or anything, but I will not interfere in any of your work... stuff"
She smiled,"Please don't get me wrong. I.. He forced it and I hate things that are forced. I love doing things because I and my partner came to an agreement about it and not because obligations. No, no.. not like he's a partner or something, I mean yes he is a partner but in a different way he is.." She huffed and spread her hand,"I'm Ellen. Feel free to call me so"
The man shook her hand with a smile,"Jacob, shortly Jac without a k"
"Is that possible?"
"I don't have a k in Jacob so why adding it to my short name? The one with k is for Jacksons'"
"Oh yes I get it", her question was about was it possible for him to be an assistant with all those assistants that Ty have. Ty?! Since when she calls him Ty!

She walked to her desk and asked him to sit and she did so. The coffee aroma attracted her again, so she took a sip,"Thank you for the coffee"

Ellen called Mia asking her for a hotel reservation.
"If you had a fight with your mother work it out girl, getting a hotel room isn't a solution, you know", Mia protested.
"Oh no, Mia. It is definitely not that"
"Shut up! Your mother is great. Go fix it"
"Damn it, Mia. Just let me finish what I'm trying to say!"
"Fine. But I'm still sticking to not leaving home"
"Ugh! Ryle sent me a.. an aid. A man actually to help me in this project of his. I need a hotel room for him. He will be staying for a while"
Mia whistled,"Tyler Ryle is the best man I would ever choose to work for! he actually sent you someone to help. Wow I like him. Is the man nice? Beautiful? What's his name? Is he single?"
"Mia!!", Ellen's voice came higher than she expected what made Jacob turn and look at her. She mouthed a sorry to him and returned to her call,"Listen to me, you are going to get me a hotel room now. I am waiting and so is Jacob"
Ellen ended the call and returned to her document that she was typing.
It was nearly 3 hours since Jacob reached the company. The mini company actually. It was more like an apartment than a company. When he got there he thought how strange it was for him to be in such a tiny company. But as he thought of Ryle's company where he has been for almost all his life he figured out that it was only the fact that he never went to any company. All their clients meet them in their company or in expensive hotels and restaurants.
He recalled the mini company he was in right then. Small offices, that he counted 7 assuming they were all offices, a bar that serves coffee, tea, sodas and cookies, bathrooms and a small well designed stair that elevated to another apartment. He took it and reached 2 doors one that faced him and had a sign of "staff only". And a glass door at the end of the hall with a sign of "Manager".
He walked and knocked the door and there where he met his friend's nightmare. He didn't see why Tyler hated her, she was beautiful and polite.
She was taking him all along with her assistant to some place he was going to stay in temporarily.
Her assistant was named Mia, and was leading them to his new place then. They were in his range rover and Mia kept commenting on how great his car was.
They reached the place in 20 min and Jacob could see how uncomfortable Ellen was. She whispered things to Mia and he could clearly hear her,"why are we here?"
"Because the apartment across you was available and I thought it would be easier for him to monitor you if he is your neighbor"
"Damn it, Mia"

Ellen turned and gave Jacob a clear forced smile,"I guess you'll have an apartment rather than a hotel room. Hope you don't mind"
He shook his head,"I guess it would be more comfortable"
Mia got a call at that moment and hurried to catch a cab. It seemed like she had an emergency.
Ellen showed him the way to his his apartment. Even though it wasn't as fascinating as his apartment, he liked it. It was simple, a salon at the entrance, a living room next to it, a kitchen with an adjacent dining room, and bedroom with a bathroom. There were lots of windows and a balcony where they stood for a while as Ellen showed him the city from where he stood.
She pointed finally at the house across of them,"And there is my house"
They discussed her working schedule. Ellen spoke truthfully,"I don't really know what is your job here. No offense, but I am writing a book. Where do you fit in?!"
Jacob smiled,"I make sure you have everything you need. You can ask me questions when you are stuck. I protect you as well. And stuff."
Ellen smirked,"You don't know either, right?"
"Not really. He told me I'm gonna be you helper. point." Jacob laughed.
"I guess you can take this as a vacation. Go make your tours. I will cover for you."
Jacob nodded,"I'll consider that. Thank you."
They stayed quiet for a while and then Ellen couldn't but ask,"So are there
More than 4 assistants for Ryle?"
"Oh. There are 3 only. But he chooses sometimes to refer to me as his personal assistant"
"And you are?"
Jacob smirked, "I'm his best friend and second in command. If I say anything, the employees would do it without hesitation. Well, except if Tyler said no then it's his word against mine. So they must obey him"
Upon hearing that Ellen frowned,"You and Ryle talk about your employees strictly as employees. Why?"
"Because they are so?" He made the da face.
"They are human first, that's why you must treat them well before applying all those rules and obeying and disobeying and blah blah blah"
There chat stopped there and he drove her back to the company. In their way to his car, he checked the house and felt weird. Usually females fear living in huge places all alone.
Jacob smiled,"Uh by the way, that's a huge house for a single woman like you. How do you live there? Alone?"
Her quiet laugh kept him smiling,"I don't. I live with a mother and a child"
And that's when Jacob stopped the car. He was never told that he has to keep an eye on a woman with a mother and a child. Specifically not a child. He looked at her and that's when he saw her freaked face.
Ellen realized she said the stupidest thing ever and in front of Ryle's best friend that was sent to keep not just an eye but his 2 eyes on her. She just told him about Jimmy. And and she raised her hand to cover her mouth in horror. Things won't be good anymore. What would Ryle do?!