Viii| Kiss you this Christmas

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

So let me know, let me know

Can I kiss you this Christmas?

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Amanda Brooks-Dale had wrapped her arms around Eve the moment she saw her daughter had stepped off the train

Amanda Brooks-Dale had wrapped her arms around Eve the moment she saw her daughter had stepped off the train. Eve's stepfather, Michael, greeted Eve with a small smile and a hug. Eve couldn't see her siblings anywhere but assumed that Kala was at the University lab and Kaden was training for his football match.

"How have you been? How's being head girl going? Who's the head boy?"

"Clam down Andy," Michael laughed,"Let her breathe."

"I've been okay, mum. Head girl is fine, the patrolling is trying. The head boy is James Potter, the one who's coming to the party with the other other," said Eve.

"A boy coming into our house to see our daughter?"Michael narrowed his eyes,"Are you sure you want Eve to have friends who are boys Andy?"

"I'm Seventeen!"Eve protested,"I'm not a baby."

Amanda and Michael were slightly shocked. Eve was normally relatively silent upon her arrival to the train station. Even at home, she would normally smile and nod or shake her head. Yet, here she was protesting about having friends who were boys.

"Okay," Michael breathed,"I see how it is."

"Can we go home?"Eve asked.

"Of course," Amanda nodded,"Kala should be on her way home now too. Wait until she tells you about nearly blowing up her lab—"

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"How many friends did you say were coming, Eve?"Amanda asked her daughter as she picked a fallen bubble up and placed it back on the tree."

"Oh, um,"Eve counted on her fingers. "Eemus, Lily, Raina, Peter, Sirius and James. I did invite Pandora and Xeno but they're busy."

"I'm happy you found some friends," Amanda smiled,"It's always been you and Raina."

"I was always friends with Remus and Lily, they've just never visited,"Eve correctly.

The Brooks-Dales always had a Christmas party, and with the amount of space in the house, it was rather easy. Despite Amanda marrying a muggle, her mother refused to disown her from the Nott's. Her brother, on the other hand, was more than happy to forget his sister existed. So when they died, Amanda still got half of everything they owned. In result, Eve never went without anything she needed.

"Why don't you go get your dress on? I left your blue one in your room," said Eve's mum.

Eve nodded.

By the same Eve had finished getting ready and allowed Kala to do her hair, half of her friends had already arrived. Lily, Remus and Peter were talking by the stairs that Eve had begun to descend.