IV | Just One Bite ~

TW : Mentions of blood, explicit torture, Gore and of dumb Kaito Momota

POV Shuichi

It is good to feel the wind caressing my hair, the sunlight that warms me, and above all, the annoying knock on the door ! I got up from my bed and went to see who was knocking. Actually, it was Kirumi, the Ultimate Maid, with a breakfast plate. On this plate were disposed an apple, a yogurt and a bowl of cereales with milk.

Kirumi : "Excuse me, Saihara. Since everyone is locked up in their dorm, I am in charge to bring you your breakfast"

I just nodded up and down in response. I actually forgot about the lock up today as Kaede suggested.

~

For the time being, I was squatting in bed, the sheets over my back and reading a fiction novel. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to go out. I couldn't help but want to have a current conversation with someone, so I snuked out. I looked like a child who wants to escape the punishment inflicted by his mother, but this is my only chance. I headed for the dining room hoping to see an actual person. And here I am, in the dining room. Someone was standing in the middle of the room. This person was in fact predictable since he is the greatest liar ever known : Kokichi Ouma.

But as I approached him, I knew that something wasn't right. He couldn't stand on his own two feets and looked like he could pass out at any given moment. He had his back to me, so I couldn't see him properly. Suddenly, he sensed my presence and moved his head in surprise. The boy was heavily shaking before turning in my direction. The scene unfolding before my eyes was unbelievable.

(Art is not mine

(Art is not mine. Credits to the artist)

He was strongly bitting his hand and blood was heavily flowing from the injuries. I tried to approach him slowly. Maybe he would let me heal him, I thought. However, the more steps I took, the more he was moving back.

Kokichi : "D-Don't ... approach me..."

The Kokichi standing in front of me had a totally different behaviour from his usual self. He seemed more insecure, and his tricky smile had given way to a frightened expression. He instinctively stopped biting his right hand and covered his eyes with both arms, probably to hide his actual state. Even though I could barely see his face, I saw tears running down his left arm, dancing with his blood, roughly falling to the ground.

Kaito : "Watch out !"

Kaito violently grabbed Kokichi's right arm with one hand while he put the other over Kokichi's eyes. I didn't see him coming as I was too focused on my thoughts at the time.

Kaito : "What are you doing, sidekick ?! Go ahead and call the others !"

- "What happened to Ouma ?"