Snitch

It was the last tournament of the year. The Slytherin Quidditch team was to play the Gryffindor Quidditch team. It was May and it was warm and sunny outside - the perfect weather for a game.  

"Alright guys, and girl," Montague huddles us for a pep talk, acknowledging me, the only girl on the team with a wink, "This is the final game of the year. Let's not let Gryffindor beat us again this year. " We put our hands together in the center and hiss. I still think it's a bit cheesy after all this time, but whatever works. 

We take our places at the gate, and once it opens we lift off on our brooms. I fly all around the arena, trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible. I spot Draco in the stands and he smiles once he sees me. I hesitantly smile back. Sometimes I forget that I have a secret boyfriend, so I can't make it too obvious.

Both teams make a circle in the center of the field above Madam Hooch, who was on the ground awaiting us. 

"It's the last game. Make this one count." She said sternly as she opens the trunk below her, allowing the Bludgers and the Golden Snitch to be released. I eye the snitch as it passes me, headed straight towards the Slytherin stands. By the time Madam Hooch released the Quaffle, I had lost sight of it. 

The game began and I zoomed forward in hopes of spotting the Snitch. The Gryffindor Seeker followed after me. Now that I had a Firebolt as my broom, I wasn't super worried about being caught by the other Seeker, and now that I knew Draco had bought the broom with his own money, I had a new found determination to catch this bloody Snitch. I had to put it to good use for him. 

The crowd cheered as Slytherin quickly made a goal, earning us ten points. "Hell yeah!" I exclaim as I fly around in search of this flying golden ball. 

"Don't get too excited Elle." I turn my neck to find Ginny Weasley alongside me. She was the Gryffindor teams' Seeker. "You won't be scoring points for long because Gryffindor will win again this year." She winked at me. I could tell she was trying to trash talk me in a way, but of course she didn't mean it too harshly.

I flew up and hovered in front of the stands, which happened to be where the Gryffindors were seated. I hear the trio behind me cheering on for Ginny and their team. "And good luck Eleanor of course.." Hermione said with a little less enthusiasm.

Ever since Hermione and I had that conversation about Draco in the hall, we hadn't spoken much since. I don't know if we were having a falling out or if this was just a grudge she was holding that would pass. knew that she was aware of Draco and I deep down. She clearly had suspected something before, but Draco and I innocently flirt in public a bit more now, so she had to know we were together, whether she wanted to admit it or not. Of course, it was not officially public news yet, so she couldn't make a huge deal out of it off of speculation.

Suddenly, a hear a buzzing by my ear, until it was gone just a second later. I hear it by the other ear and turn in that direction. There it was, hovering just beside me as if it were taunting me to chase it. I lean in the direction of the Snitch, and it takes off in a hurry. "Of course." I say to myself as I propel my broom forward. 

It wasn't long before Ginny was right on my tail. We flew after it all around the arena - along the edge of the field, above the crowd, above the goal posts. It led us toward the middle of the field. Ginny had cut the corner of the path it took and was now right beside me. We were neck and neck in pursuit of the Snitch, but my broom was ever so slightly faster than hers. I reach my hand out, just inches from reaching its wings. 

*BAM* 

It happened so fast. I feel my body hit the ground below me. I could hear the gasps from the crowd. I could hear the whooshing noise from the brooms above me come to a halt. I couldn't feel my arm. Madam Hooch appeared beside me as soon as I found my bearings. "Oh Granger no, no." Dumbledore and Madam Pomfrey came as quick as they could to her side. 

"What happened. What hurts, dear?" Madam Pomfrey spoke up. 

I turn my head and my vision is blurred. I could not feel my arm. It must have gotten hit by the Bludger. As my vision came to, I saw Dumbledore had worry but also curiosity plastered on his face. As his face became more and more inquisitive on what had happened, he reached down toward my arm. It was now obvious that it was broken as I regained my sight. Instead of feeling my broken arm and fixing it, he grasped my fingers. I tried my hardest to move them, but I could not. He pried my hand open, revealing the Golden Snitch resting in my palm. My eyes widen, as I could not even remember catching it. When my arm got hit, I must have been knocked forward into the Snitch.

He lifts the Snitch from my grasp and holds it high above his head. "Slytherin wins!" He announces. The Slytherin section of the stands cheered. I smiled. 

Draco, Iris, and Blaise made it onto the field, along with Hermione, Ron, and Harry. They seemed baffled, Draco more than anyone. I believed that Hermione was only down there because she was my sister, as she still seemed pissed once she saw Draco on the field with me.

"Well let's not just stand here. Let's get her fixed!" Iris scoffs, motioning for Blaise to assist her in helping me to my feet. Draco takes his place instead. 

They help me to my feet, my arm hanging limp at my side. It was bent in a way I've never seen a bone bend before. It began to make me queasy, but I held myself together. I tried to balance myself as best as I could considering I just got smacked by a Bludger and fell to what could have been a fatal fall.  

"Can we fix it?" I ask Dumbledore and Madam Pomfrey in front of me. Draco stood close beside me, seeing that I could potentially collapse any moment. If he didn't want people to know about us, he sure was acting a little suspicious compared to the Draco everyone else knew - the Draco that hated me and any other muggle-born with a passion. 

"We can, but it may hurt a bit." Madam Pomfrey unveiled her wand, and pointed it at my limp arm. "Are you ready, dear?" She asked me. I nodded, bracing myself as best as I could. "Alright. Brackium Emendo." She flicked her wand and the pain of my bones snapping back together flooded through my body. 

"Bloody Hell." I stumbled back wincing, collapsing into Draco's arm, Blaise stepping in to support me on the other side. I grabbed my now straightened arm. I could move my fingers now, but my arm hurt like a bitch. 

"Are you okay?" Draco asked me quietly. I nodded. I could hear his sigh of relief. I look around to find Hermione glaring at me, rolling her eyes at the sight of me and Draco together. She pulls Harry and Ron away after seeing that I was alive and somewhat okay. I look over to Dumbledore, who gave me a sly smile down his nose as he saw Draco falling for me with his own eyes.