One Wrong Move

The two followed the ringleaders in the bushes, but they missed a key detail. Tiny wires were sticking out of the ground. These wires were everywhere and their ends were buried deep underground.

*BANG!*

Dr.White tried to take another step, but his leg felt numb, and he fell onto the floor. As he checked what was going on with his leg, he saw that blood was everywhere and his right leg up to his knee was missing.

"This is the end of my career, isn't it? This is how I die. No healing foam, no medical kit... Just me and all the blood."

As he tried to slow the bleeding, he knew he was close to fainting. M4 pulled out a tourniquet from White's pouch and applied it to his leg.

M4: Stay with me, James! It will be alright.

In her right hand, she held White's almost snow-white pale hand and in the other, she fired her rifle at the two ringleaders. Of course, this didn't do much as her bullets couldn't penetrate the armor of the SF Dolls.

M4 retreated, but the enemies took the unconscious Dr.White and chased after her.

Unknown, Interrogation Room, Local time: 23:14

*Splash*

Dr.White woke up to water hitting his face. He looked around and confirmed that he indeed survived and was now sitting in an interrogation room. On the table's other side, the opponent was the maid-looking girl. It was time to play.

Agent: Name?

Dr.White: B-046, Dr.James White, Site Director.

Agent: Good. What did you do at our base?

Dr.White: *Silence*

Dr.White knew about interrogation resistance as he did an advanced training course when he first joined the Foundation. The only four things you can say are your number, rank, name, and date of birth.

Agent: I'll ask it again. WHAT WAS YOUR TASK!? *slaps table*

Dr.White: *Silence*

Agent: You are not going to talk are you?

Dr.White: *Silence intensifies*

Agent: Your partner told us everything... You don't need to hold in anything.

Dr.White knew that this was a common tactic used by interrogators.

Agent: Dreamer! Bring her in!

The door opened and Dreamer pushed in the half-disassembled M4. She fell to the floor and got kicked in the side for it, but she couldn't walk anymore.

Agent: So, Dr.White... Why don't you understand that you have to TALK! Who sent you!? WHY ARE YOU HERE!?

Dr.White spit in her face because he had enough. This resulted in him getting kicked a few times, but to him, it was more than worth it. He knew that they wouldn't be staying here captive for long.

Dreamer: These two won't talk. Let's go back to the original deal.

Agent: Agreed. Toss them in a cell.

After a bit of struggling, they found themselves in a cell.

M4: Hey... James...

Dr.White: Yeah?

M4: We are back in the interrogation room... Just like how our story started... but this time you are a prisoner as well. Quite ironic...

Dr.White: Hah... *Cough*

He tried to laugh, but his lungs gave up on him.

Dr.White: The good thing is that our date is going pretty well I have to say... We were blown up and interrogated in the first few hours. Other than that, it's pretty good.

M4 leaned onto Dr.White in the dark.

M4: Do you think that we will ever get out of here?

Dr.White: In the morning we are going home.

M4: That's still a lot of time.

Dr.White: Yes, it is. But the only thing we can do now is to wait. If Erik wakes up and finds the note, he will get us out. You didn't tell them anything, right?

M4: No... I think not.

Dr.White: Great. It's too dark here and I don't have a clock but I assume it's around one or two in the morning.

M4: I would tell you the time but my clock module was destroyed as well.

Dr.White: Nevermind then, let's try to sleep.

This will be a long day...