Chapter 6

The sound of an engine can be heard echoing around the street. By now, the townspeople were familiar with it and watched as a certain brunette drove around the capital with his motorcycle.

Arriving in front of the guild, he parks his vehicle in the parking area and shuts it off. Grabbing the key, he enters the guild and headed straight towards the reception.

Other members halted their activities and turned toward the brunette. Whispers can be heard all around the surroundings as they watch the figure walk without a care.

"That's him right?" One whispered.

"You mean the one that reached rank B in just 2 years."

"But shouldn't he be rank A by now? Why is he still stuck as the number 1 B-ranker?"

"I don't know man, but whatever the reason is, I don't want to get on his bad side. I've already seen enough of that."

Ignoring the whispers, the brunette stopped in front of the desk.

"Ah, it's good to see you Ro." The receptionist greeted with a smile.

Royse mirrored her expression and returned her greeting. "Same as well. I've finished the job of cleaning out the mess in the eastern forest." He announced as he opened his item box and pulled out a large bag. "I also found something that I hope to sell to the guild."

The lady sighed, already knowing what was about to happen. She peeked inside the bag to see its content and wasn't surprised when she found rare items.

Closing the bag, she rose her head and gaze at the brunette with an impassive expression. "I'm really confused with how you're able to find items so easily."

The brunette could only grin. "I'm just lucky." Was his only explanation.

It was evident that the lady didn't believe him. "That's always your reason." She sighed and stood up. "I'll notify the guild master." She spoke before leaving the desk and entering the office in the back.

Royse hummed as he patiently waited for the lady. It didn't take long for his name to be called.

Entering the room, he was greeted by a familiar face that sat on the couch.

"Good to see you Ro!" The guildmaster greeted.

"Good to see you too, Sir Oliver." Royse replied as he took a seat in front of the man and crossed his leg on top of the other with both his hands on it.

"I heard you have another thing you wanted to sell."

At that, Royse grabbed the bag and plopped it on top of the table that stood between the two couches.

The guildmaster checked the contents and shook his head while smiling. "Still the same as ever. Have you appraised it yet?"

The brunette nodded his head. "Yes. The items range from A and B."

"I see." The guild master grabbed an object and hummed. "Well, we can sell them for a hefty price. I take that the exchange will be the same as before?"

Royse shrugs. "I don't mind. Though it would be better to double-check the market's price. With the new innovation's around the world, items like this are currently on demand."

Oliver smiled. "Don't worry, over the past 2 years, we've gotten ourselves some regular buyers."

The brunette huffed. "Let me guess, they want to know the supplier."

Oliver laughed. "As usual." He returns the object to the bag. He turns towards the lady and signalled for her to bring the reward for the job that he finished.